View Full Version : Hello Everyone!

LydiaW
02-23-2006, 11:28 AM
Hello Everyone! My name is Lydia, I'm 18, and I love figure skating. I have wanted to figure skate ever since I was a little girl, and I am finally making an effort to live out that dream. I know it sounds like everyone's story...saw the olympics when you were little, saw them again recently, got inspired, etc...But I am really serious about this. I know that I am older than most beginning skaters, but I do know some skating moves...I was near doing jumps when I quit in frustration at age 9 or 10. Anyway, I hope to learn everything I can about skating through lessons, and talking to you guys.

I also started a Ice Skating club for anyone who loves Ice Skating on Yahoo.
Here is the url: http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/Shining_Blades/

Please join the club, and post a ton, so we can have a lot of fun!
Thanks!

Isk8NYC
02-23-2006, 11:57 AM
Hello LydiaW and welcome to Skating Forums.

There are some existing groups on Yahoo! that many of our Board Members belong to as well, so maybe we'll run across you there as well!

Make yourself at home, check out the different forums. The "On Ice" forum is usually where people post about their own skating. The "Non-Skating Discussions" forum has a wide variety of diversions, including the famous "Patsy's Parlor."

Now would be a good time to learn how to use the Search function, too. These forums are filled with so much good information, it would be a shame not to use it as a research database!

Glad you're joining us today.

LydiaW
02-23-2006, 12:09 PM
I looked on Yahoo, and tried to find some Ice Skating groups, but couldn't find any, so I started my own. Hope it's ok that I put the link to it on here.