View Full Version : What has happened to the Figure Skating Universe Board?

FSWer
02-18-2006, 12:50 PM
Say can anyone here please help me? All of a sudden I've been completely knocked-off the Figure Skating Universe Board. It has been like this for me for a week or so. I know I'm a member,yet it keeps saying I don't have permission to access it,etc. and when I went to check all the forums it turned out that the WHOLE board was down on me. Even after a log-in. There is not even a way to reregister from what I can see. Am I banned? Is there anyone else here a member of that board having the same problem? Am I alone? Thanks.

Clarice
02-18-2006, 12:59 PM
FSU is only open to supporters (who have made donations) during the Olympics. You'll have access again after the Games.

FSWer
02-18-2006, 01:18 PM
Thanks...After the Olympics I'm going to have to requst that that not be done. As it's not right for ALL Members of that board to have to wait for access just because they are asking for donations.

CanAmSk8ter
02-18-2006, 04:03 PM
If the board were open to everyone during Olympics, there's no way they wouldn't exceed their allotted bandwidth. People who don't normally read the board would be stopping by left and right and I'm not sure their server could handle it. They didn't do anything wrong by asking for donations; no one is entitled to free access to a message board anymore than they're entitled to see ice shows for free. Membership is free, and some perks, including Olympic access, are only available to those who chose to pay a bit. It's Sharpie's board, she has every right to charge for access to ease the burden on the server. If she didn't, chances are the site would crash and no one would be able to read it anyway.

Lise
02-18-2006, 06:46 PM
I've never paid for access to the board. However, you need to be a registered member to have access.

If you are, click on the Registered Members click here and it should work.

Lise

sk8er1964
02-19-2006, 04:30 PM
They gave notice well in advance, and they also offered free rides to members under certain circumstances. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with what they did.