View Full Version : Skaters: Please Post at On Ice - Skaters

dbny
02-11-2006, 10:42 PM
OK, maybe I am just being compulsive, but I've noticed a lot of posts here lately from newbies who are skaters and are asking skating related questions best answered by other skaters. Unless I am deluded, the best place for those posts is at the On Ice - Skaters (http://www.skatingforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16) where they will get a lot more attention faster.

Micky-Fox
02-12-2006, 01:19 AM
I do apologize about that. It wasn't until I posted my thread that I realised there was a thread for skaters discussion. Sorry. :oops:

stardust skies
02-12-2006, 02:23 AM
I think the reason for this is because the title of this section has always been really ambiguous IMO. "General Skating Chat" when I first came here meant to me anything skating related, whether your own skating or elites' skating. I never made my own threads though so I didn't have the opportunity to put it in the wrong place. :P It's also higher up on the forum list than the "On Ice" stuff so I think people just see it first and don't look past it to see if there is anything else.

Maybe it would help future confusion to rename this forum to something a little more descriptive, like..."Official Skating News" or something to that effect, so people know that when it says "skating chat", it really means....chatting about elite athletes and competitions. Just an idea to fix the problem. :)

jazzpants
02-12-2006, 03:31 AM
Maybe it would help future confusion to rename this forum to something a little more descriptive, like..."Official Skating News" or something to that effect, so people know that when it says "skating chat", it really means....chatting about elite athletes and competitions. Just an idea to fix the problem. :)How about "General Skating Fan Chat?" (I know... "DUH!!!" :twisted: )

"Official Skating News" is already taken... by "Skating News and Articles" ;)

dbny
02-12-2006, 07:40 AM
I do apologize about that. It wasn't until I posted my thread that I realised there was a thread for skaters discussion. Sorry. :oops:

No need to apologize! You are hardly the first, and there is really no harm done. It just makes navigating the forums easier to post more specifically. I agree with Stardust Skies that the title is a bit ambiguous, and I like Jazzpants suggestion of "General Skating Fan Chat". Adrian?

flippet
02-12-2006, 10:59 AM
I think I'll sticky this thread!

Yeah, with so many board areas, if you're excited to post, it can be hard to slow down to take a look at allll the sections to realize your post may be better suited for another area. Excitement is good, though. :) Also, I think it used to be easier at the old FSW--the areas were sort of titled better, but when i$kater got cranky and Adrian started this up, he couldn't use the same titles any more. We could probably retitle things, if we really wanted to.

I know that when I post at a new board, I take care to lurk and figure everything out first, but A) that's my personality, and B) some boards are reeeaallly uptight about where things go. I'm glad we're more relaxed here, and it's pretty easy to move a thread when needed.

dbny
02-14-2006, 11:03 PM
I think I'll sticky this thread!

The Adrian Monk in me says "thank you!"

FSWer
02-19-2007, 11:58 AM
I get confused sometimes too. Though I've found an easy way to remember it,is that is you need a skater's help there mostly always on ice. LOL,"On Ice Skaters" LOL get it? I've also found that I love them all very,very much. As they are sooooo nice and helpful.

TashaKat
02-20-2007, 02:38 AM
Ooooohhhh .... remember 'rinksiders' :D