View Full Version : What's your favorite move?

SilverEdge
02-07-2006, 01:41 PM
Hi everyone I just wanted to get to know everyone in the forum, I'm new...

So, what are your favorite moves?
What level are you?
How long have you been skating?

As for me, my favorite jump EVER is the Double Salcow. My fave spin: Additude/sitspin
I'm a Perlimnary level skater with 3 doubles and i've been skating for about 4 or 5 years.

Diana
02-07-2006, 06:44 PM
My favourite jump is double salscow.
My favourite spin is the inverted spin
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/8071/flore58sa.th.jpg (http://img59.imageshack.us/my.php?image=flore58sa.jpg)
I've been skating for 8 years but i quit last year at summer because of my entrance fo the university :cry: now i just skate rarely when i have some time and a place to do it :roll:

SilverEdge
02-08-2006, 12:55 AM
awwww :( wow 8 years I bet your good

Diana
02-09-2006, 06:01 PM
Not really..but I really loved skating and I've always done my best and give to skating all that i had, good times and lots of good memories ;) my best was only a 10th place at the nationals :P It's so sad to look at my closet, to my skating dresses and think that i will never use them again :roll:

fmh
02-11-2006, 11:31 AM
fave jump is definatly double toe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! spin would be flying camel (especailly with the doughnut spin :):)) I'm a prenovice skater with most of my doubles, not all consistint tho :P I've been skating since i was 6 and now i'm 14...you do the math :P

Raye
02-11-2006, 02:50 PM
Not really..but I really loved skating and I've always done my best and give to skating all that i had, good times and lots of good memories ;) my best was only a 10th place at the nationals :P It's so sad to look at my closet, to my skating dresses and think that i will never use them again :roll:
Never say Never, Diana.

I remember being 23 and pregnant, looking at my closet full of skating dresses and feeling the same. I had been skating for just under 5 years and had loved every minute of it. Now it was OVER. My daughter is now 28 and three years ago I returned to skating as a class 3/4 adult.... granted - all my old skating dresses don't fit anymore :frus: , so I simply had to get some NEW ONES:roll: oh well - if ya gotta ya gotta! (We won't talk about the fact that I still HAVE half a dozen of my old dresses.....:oops: )

It may not be over for you either, just a temporary interruption. Perhaps we will see you at an Adult seminar, workshop, competiton or skating session one day.

Micky-Fox
02-11-2006, 04:22 PM
I'm a beginning level skater.

I started skating about four weeks ago.

My favourite jump is the toe loop (so far) because it's the best jump I can pull off.

My favourite spin is the sit spin.

Drewskies
02-11-2006, 11:02 PM
I'm novice pairs and my favorite "move" is a throw salchow, cause all I have to do is toss'er and everyone still goes "ooooooooooohhhh" heheheheh

Smurfer
02-12-2006, 01:29 PM
I am a Senior Level Skater and Have been skating for 12 years(whoa thats long) My favorite jump is the Triple Toe-Loop, My favorite spin is the Camel Spin.

WhisperSung
02-12-2006, 06:26 PM
I've passed through Intermediate Moves and Free and Pre-Bronze dance (darn those Novice moves!). I'm doing adult nationals at the Masters Novice level.

I've been skating for 14 years. Started when I was 7, and I just turned 22. I have all of my double through double flip consistently. My double lutz is landed about 75% of the time. My triple salchow about 50%. Don't even ask me about the double axel. :P

My favorite jump is the double salchow (my favorite to *attempt* is the triple salchow. I'm about 50/50 right now, heh).

My favorite spin is probably my flying camel (because it finally really flies!) into a back sit where I pull my leg to my face (anyone know the technical term for that?).

My favorite move in general is the left back inside hydroplane (good resting point in my program) and the cartwheel (not allowed in competition, obviously, but I'm quite giddy that I learned to do it).

I think that's it.

Diana
02-13-2006, 05:44 AM
Never say Never, Diana.

I remember being 23 and pregnant, looking at my closet full of skating dresses and feeling the same. I had been skating for just under 5 years and had loved every minute of it. Now it was OVER. My daughter is now 28 and three years ago I returned to skating as a class 3/4 adult.... granted - all my old skating dresses don't fit anymore :frus: , so I simply had to get some NEW ONES:roll: oh well - if ya gotta ya gotta! (We won't talk about the fact that I still HAVE half a dozen of my old dresses.....:oops: )

It may not be over for you either, just a temporary interruption. Perhaps we will see you at an Adult seminar, workshop, competiton or skating session one day.
;) you're right..now i want to finish my studies then we will see. Sometimes i still skate but my back and my knees kill me :roll: Good luck for your comeback ;)

fmh
02-19-2006, 06:00 PM
fave jump is definatly double toe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! spin would be flying camel (especailly with the doughnut spin :):)) I'm a prenovice skater with most of my doubles, not all consistint tho :P I've been skating since i was 6 and now i'm 14...you do the math :P
to add to that i like double lutzes...i landed 4 today and they felt sooo good :P:P i like flying sits too now

VegasGirl
02-20-2006, 09:49 AM
Hm, what is my favorite move?
I don't think I can narrow it to just one... I like forward-backward lunge, shoot-the-duck into standing position with leg straight up into spiral (whatever that might technically be called), Ina Bauer into back crossovers into Waltz jump, chinese arabesque into half flip into toe loop... and I bet a few more. :)

I started skating a little under 2 years ago, passed ISI Freestyle 2 and was working on Freestyle 3 before the move up here... where I go from here I don't know yet... :(

TwirlGirl10
02-21-2006, 08:59 AM
My favorite jump its the double sow!!! and sometimes double loop (when I land it!)
My favorite spin is camel
And I have been skating for a little more than 1.5 years (started when I was 12 and a half-ish, im 14 now)