View Full Version : SlC 2002

iceskater2
02-06-2006, 12:57 PM
Figured I would start a topic to spark some excitement about the upcoming olympics. What were your best and worse memories of the SLC games.

Here are mine:

Best:
Standing in line to be security checked to enter the olympic venue area talking some teenagers into selling me their sold out Roots Beret and then pannicking cause I could not find my sister.

Sitting front row hearing the crowd at the end of Lang & T performance, the standing ovation, seeing my flowers lay on olympic ice while I swelled with pride and wiped away tears.

Worse:
The tears rolling down Michelle Kwan's face as the camera got a close up during the Gala.

Mixed:
Leaving SLC for the airport at dawn seeing the olympic rings lit on the mountain knowing I had the best exerience ever and knowing I would likely never be able to see the olympics in person again.

Nicki
02-06-2006, 09:32 PM
Worst:

1. The Judging Scandal in Pairs

2. Todd Eldredge falling on a triple axel (one of his most consistant jumps normally) in the short program.

3. Michelle Kwan faltering in her long program.

Best:

1. The Atheletes carrying in the American flag from 9/11 during the opening ceremonies.

2. Todd Eldredge skating a good long program and the lenghthy standing ovation he received afterwards.

3. Michelle Kwan's "Fields of Gold" exhibition skate.