View Full Version : Coco Crisp - sister was a skater?

Schmeck
01-24-2006, 07:55 PM
Our local paper had a blurb about Crisp playing for the Red Sox, and mentioned his parents were Olympians and his sister was one of the 'nation's top figure skaters' ????? Who is she?

Mel On Ice
01-25-2006, 11:51 AM
when did Coco Crisp get traded to the Sox?

Schmeck
01-25-2006, 01:59 PM
And here I thought you had the answer, Mel! :lol: I don't know if he's been traded, but there has been a lot of hype/speculation in the papers. Not sure if it's a done deal or not.

But I've never heard of a 'top figure skater' for the US with the last name of Crisp... maybe she has a different last name, but I can't find any mention on the internet.

Schmeck
01-29-2006, 09:50 AM
OK, hubby found a Sheilah Crisp - could that be his sister?

Isk8NYC
01-29-2006, 05:45 PM
I read a similar article, but it said his father was a boxer, his mother qualified for the speedskating olympic trials, and his sister was a "competitive figure skater." It didn't say she was a champ or anything. Maybe the article you read mixed up the mom and sister?

Schmeck
01-29-2006, 06:57 PM
If it's Sheilah Crisp, she's a senior skater who competes in the Pacific Coasts. While I think it's impressive that she skates at the senior level, I don'think she warrants the 'nation's top' part of the article. I bet you are right, Isk8NYC, some reporter got the facts mixed up!

Mel On Ice
01-30-2006, 10:51 AM
sorry, basebal fan crept in... and I found out he was traded from the Indians to the Sox a week or so ago.

daisies
02-02-2006, 03:48 PM
Sheliah Crisp is the sister they are referring to.