View Full Version : Johnny Weir's Mother

BarbraM
01-16-2006, 10:18 AM
Did anyone see her turn around in a huff when she realized the cameras were on her after his free skate? I thought that was pretty rude. Her son skated well, and she was clapping for him. What is so wrong about having the cameras show you doing that?

Makes me wonder if she is still mad about them showing her mad and mouthing her disappointment a few years ago when he had a really awful skate at one of the competitions (the one where he kept sliding into the boards and all)

BABYSKATES
01-16-2006, 09:11 PM
I think you may have misinterpreted what you saw. I saw the same thing but what I saw was Johnnie's mother turn away in embarrassment when she realized the cameras were on her. Not everyone is comfortable in those situations. The son is the one who invited fame into his life. His mother may just not want to appear on camera. I think I might feel the same way.

loveskating
01-17-2006, 09:38 AM
Did anyone see her turn around in a huff when she realized the cameras were on her after his free skate? I thought that was pretty rude. Her son skated well, and she was clapping for him. What is so wrong about having the cameras show you doing that?

Makes me wonder if she is still mad about them showing her mad and mouthing her disappointment a few years ago when he had a really awful skate at one of the competitions (the one where he kept sliding into the boards and all)

Also, how do you know why she turned around? She might have turned around for all sorts of reasons!