View Full Version : anybody have tapes of the 2006 State Farm U.S. Championships?

ProPokerPlayer
01-14-2006, 04:23 PM
i set my TiVo to record the entire ESPN/ESPN2/ABC coverage of *any* figure skating show in the month of December and first week of January and guess what...? the hard drive on my TiVo failed!

i was in Europe for a poker event and thought i had everything perfectly set-up. :/

did anybody record the entire 2006 State Farm U.S. Championships (or *any* figure skating event for that matter)? if so, could you please please PLEASE give me a copy (or even send me YOUR copy) and i'll pay for everything... your time, effort, shipping costs, your next pair of skates... everything!

i'll never trust new technology again... this wouldn't happen to a good 'ol VCR.

thanks for any help!

mikawendy
01-14-2006, 05:11 PM
If you haven't done this already, you might want to post a message in the Trading Post area, since people often go there for video requests, exchanges, etc.

sadya
01-17-2006, 04:14 AM
You could also try:http://fsvids.9.forumer.com/

You probably won't get videotapes there, but there are tons of skating videos available to download, from skating routine to documentaries to even commercials.

Mel On Ice
01-17-2006, 10:37 AM
I've got about an hour and a half of a triple overtime basket ball game you might enjoy instead of pairs. :evil:

ProPokerPlayer
01-17-2006, 03:08 PM
You could also try:http://fsvids.9.forumer.com/

You probably won't get videotapes there, but there are tons of skating videos available to download, from skating routine to documentaries to even commercials.

thanks for the link!

I've got about an hour and a half of a triple overtime basket ball game you might enjoy instead of pairs. :evil:

lol, can I have it? i'm a HUGE Chris Webber fan (heard he had a double-double that game...)!

Kevin Callahan
01-17-2006, 07:39 PM
I have the entire three hours of ladies freeskate. That includes the superelites like Cohen, Meissner, and Hughes.

ProPokerPlayer
01-18-2006, 10:09 AM
I have the entire three hours of ladies freeskate. That includes the superelites like Cohen, Meissner, and Hughes.

do you have it on tape or CD/DVD? how much are you gonna charge for it plus shipping? thanks!

Kevin Callahan
01-18-2006, 11:00 AM
I have it on tape, but I have a full video editing suite on my computer. I had plans to transfer it to DVD+R anyway so I could edit out the commercials and fluff (including the annoying Kwan tribute, unless you specifically want it). I can also convert it to divx files and post it on my website if quality is not so much of an issue.

Oh, and I won't charge at all. That would be illegal.

BarbraM
01-18-2006, 01:38 PM

Yes, that made me so mad. I stayed up to see figure skating, but kept dozing off, and, of course, missed Tanith and Ben's skate.

T.V. schedules (Heathers and another) said the free dance was to be repeated on ESPN or ABC (can't remember which one) Saturday, but it wasn't--they had the mens and ladies short instead I believe. :evil: