View Full Version : Please ping the NBC Olympic viewing survey, guys!!!

jazzpants
12-08-2005, 08:17 PM
NBC has a survey of what Olympic sports you want to see them cover extensively during the Turin Games.

There have not yet been many votes for figure skating, in fact Curling has been getting more votes than Figure Skating! So if everyone could do a quick click and be part of the vote, and please send this message to other figure skaters who are not on this forum.

Just click on the NBC web address at the bottom of this note, scroll down to "Olympic survey", click figure skating and the VOTE button and you're done.

http://www.wnbc.com/olympics2006/

"Curling" gets more votes than figure skating/ice dancing!?!?! 8O

Tessie
12-08-2005, 08:41 PM
The link doesn't work. But I will certianly go straight to the NBC web page. As for curling, I used to do it when I was a kid. There is a strategy, and it does take a deft hand. But watching it on television is not the same as watching it live nor actually doing the sport.

Ping away I shall

icedancer2
12-08-2005, 11:49 PM
Here's the link. Needed to add "html at the end.

http://www.wnbc.com/olympics2006/index/index.html

I can't believe curling got so many votes -- I'm guessing the curling lobby stacked the votes. Please vote guys!

jazzpants
12-09-2005, 03:06 AM
Yup! I find it hard that there's that many "curling" fans... maybe there's a bunch of people who think "curling" meant "curling hair" or something. :twisted:

flippet
12-09-2005, 10:36 AM
That poll is way messed up. They have snowboarding in the results, but not in the choices--so of course it has zero votes.

Uh, 35,000 + for curling? Yeah right. :roll:

skaternum
12-09-2005, 11:51 AM
I looked at the survey. It simply says "...what sport are you most interested in" and says nothing about extensive coverage. I see nothing to indicate that this will be used to determine coverage. I don't think they'd use a poorly designed "quick" poll (that you can vote on multiple times) over their expensive demographic market research. I think this is just a fun poll that they put up.

Schmeck
12-09-2005, 05:25 PM
No worries - the Ladies Figure Skating competition is the biggest money making draw of the Winter Olympics, and a silly poll won't be changing that.

Tessie
12-09-2005, 08:02 PM
Yup! I find it hard that there's that many "curling" fans... maybe there's a bunch of people who think "curling" meant "curling hair" or something. :twisted:

I don"t think it's that they're fans but they have interest or curiousity as it is not your average sport.

icedancer2
12-09-2005, 08:39 PM
So -- they got at least 4000 more votes since I voted yesterday!!!

Curling??? Well, I suppose... (where's the snooze icon when you need it??)

mikawendy
12-09-2005, 09:45 PM
Wayne Gretzky watches curling....

Tessie
12-10-2005, 07:21 AM
Wayne Gretzky watches curling....

He's Canadian, it's big up there, it's big in Scotland too.