View Full Version : Xue Shen/Hongbo Zhao

sunshine_sk8er
11-27-2005, 08:32 PM
i was just wondering what happened to this pairs team..i knew that Hongbo was injured and had to go through surgery for his foot or something but i haven't heard anything since..this is an Olympic year and i'd love for this pairs team to get the gold, as they are a dynamic team - amazing in almost all pair elements (er..the spins aren't exactly quite up to par yet but their throws and everything else makes up for it..)..i just hope that they have enough experience with the CoP system seeing how they withdrew out of worlds last year and haven't competed since..
if anyone has any news of their current state, your postings would be much appreciated. Thank you.

dbny
11-27-2005, 09:25 PM
They are my favorite pairs team ever. Hongbo Zhao ruptured his achilles tendon and will most likely miss the entire season, including the Olys, although the Chinese are saying he is still hoping to make it back to the ice in time.

Nicki
11-27-2005, 10:50 PM
I read a report from a Chinese newspaper saying that Hongbo was back on the ice for the first time last week. His coach estimated that once he is allowed to jump again he will have ten days to relearn his jumps. His coach didn't seem to think this would be a major problem for their Oylmpic chances.

I too would love to see them win this year, but not at the expense of Hongbo's health. I hope he takes things very carefully.

sunshine_sk8er
11-28-2005, 04:28 PM
his achilles tendon?! 8O ..wow, that's horrible!..hopefully this team will be ok and pull through because they truly deserve the Olympic gold IMHO..here's to a speedy recovery to Hongbo..hopefully he's taking it easy and won't succumb to the immense pressure this team must be feeling..
Thank you, dbny and Nicki for your postings!