View Full Version : Upcomming skater, nikolai hedrizkov

Icer954
10-11-2005, 10:52 PM
any new news on that stunning star in the making nikolai hedrizkov??
his official site doesnt seem to be updated recently... www.nikolaihedrizkov.com

skaternum
10-12-2005, 09:57 AM
Hmmm. Join date of October 2005. Two posts gushing about up-and-coming skater. I think we need a new poll:

Is this a "plant"?

yes
no

8-)

loveskating
10-12-2005, 02:39 PM
Well, in any case, I hope he is good because he sort of looks like Bruce Springsteen!

That would be good for skating!

phoenix
10-12-2005, 04:55 PM
A google search of Nikolai reveals mentions of him only on his own website, & that of the web designer who calls him a "national olympic skater". However, no competition results come up, so obviously he's never made it out of regionals or sectionals. If he does indeed have a short & long program he'd be intermediate, novice, junior or senior (though he looks too old to be intermediate), but doesn't seem to have had any success as a competitor.

Has anyone from LA seen him skate?

The site is intentionaly misleading in that it has a "calendar" section listing upcoming competitions. There are a few local ones, then they jump right into some Grand Prix events & end with Nationals/Olympics/Worlds........anyone who has looked at other skater's sites knows they typically post *their* competition schedule--this one tries to make it look like he's got Grand Prix assignments & probably a shot at the Olympics. And I just checked the results of one of the summer comps (Summer Liberty in Aston)--he didn't even compete there, and is not listed as a withdraw. Nor was he at the Escondido comp.

I also find it very odd there is no mention of his level on the site, no mention of competition results, and no photos of him actually skating. Just posing/vamping for the camera in studio shots in what is obviously a brand new pair of boots that have never seen the ice. My question would be, is this guy really even a skater? I highly doubt John Nicks would approve of such a site, if he is this guy's coach. If he's not his coach, he might be interested to know this guy is claiming to be his student.

mskater
10-12-2005, 05:37 PM
any new news on that stunning star in the making nikolai hedrizkov??
his official site doesnt seem to be updated recently... www.nikolaihedrizkov.com

Other than BIZARRE, all I can say is, "WTF!!"??

jazzpants
10-12-2005, 06:24 PM
That and I CANNOT Google or Yahoo *anything* about this skater!!! (Danger, danger, Will Robinson!!!) :twisted:

Icer954
10-12-2005, 07:10 PM
A google search of Nikolai reveals mentions of him only on his own website, & that of the web designer who calls him a "national olympic skater". However, no competition results come up, so obviously he's never made it out of regionals or sectionals. If he does indeed have a short & long program he'd be intermediate, novice, junior or senior (though he looks too old to be intermediate), but doesn't seem to have had any success as a competitor.

The site is intentionaly misleading in that it has a "calendar" section listing upcoming competitions. There are a few local ones, then they jump right into some Grand Prix events & end with Nationals/Olympics/Worlds........anyone who has looked at other skater's sites knows they typically post *their* competition schedule--this one tries to make it look like he's got Grand Prix assignments & probably a shot at the Olympics. And I just checked the results of one of the summer comps (Summer Liberty in Aston)--he didn't even compete there, and is not listed as a withdraw. Nor was he at the Escondido comp.

I also find it very odd there is no mention of his level on the site, no mention of competition results, and no photos of him actually skating. Just posing/vamping for the camera in studio shots in what is obviously a brand new pair of boots that have never seen the ice. My question would be, is this guy really even a skater? I highly doubt John Nicks would approve of such a site, if he is this guy's coach. If he's not his coach, he might be interested to know this guy is claiming to be his student.

ACCTUALLY MAYBE ITS A GOOD IDEA YOU CONTACT JOHN NICKS, BECAUSE NIKOLAI IS HIS STUDENT, AND JOHN NICKS IS AWARE OF THE SITE, AND EVERY DECENT SKATER IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA KNOWS WHO HE IS.

SO YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK YOUR FACTS.

phoenix
10-12-2005, 07:25 PM
ACCTUALLY MAYBE ITS A GOOD IDEA YOU CONTACT JOHN NICKS, BECAUSE NIKOLAI IS HIS STUDENT, AND JOHN NICKS IS AWARE OF THE SITE, AND EVERY DECENT SKATER IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA KNOWS WHO HE IS.

SO YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK YOUR FACTS.

We'd love to hear more about his competitive history, and what level he's competing at now? You are obviously interested in promoting him--let's hear about his skating! Please, enlighten us! Where can we see some photos of him on the ice? And what competitions can we look for him to be at this season? And why are there competitions listed on his site that he did not/will not be skating at?

phoenix
10-12-2005, 07:51 PM
Okay, here we go! From the "tests passed" on the Orange County FSC site:

JANUARY 2005, Member Nikk Hedrizkov passed Novice MIF/FS test

Icer954
10-12-2005, 08:46 PM
acctually i just happend to skated with him last year when he was training in lake arrowhead.. I know he is at junior level now.

as for competition history im not sure, i know this is his first season back after taking 2 years off the ice. he has beenin california with john nicks i know for almost a year and a half.

im not sure where you can find skating photos. ive seen him skate many times, i think its ridiculous for someone to say " maybe hes not even a real skater" From the pictures on his website, i doubt anyone would spend that kind of money on production of a website and photo shoots, and much more, have Gold blades and such.

Please, find a hobby.

phoenix
10-12-2005, 09:01 PM
In the other thread you started (http://www.skatingforums.com/showthread.php?t=18619) you said you'd become a fan after seeing him on tv.

this is my hobby :twisted:

Icer954
10-12-2005, 09:44 PM
thats when i became a fan.. he skated for a local TV program in Los angeles with a few other skaters. .. then last winter he started training where my two daughters skate in Lake arrowhead.

As for his competition schedule, i believe he had a lot of delays in deciding what level he was going to compete this season.

stardust skies
10-13-2005, 03:25 AM

*Raises hand* Wow, I haven't been on in forever. Someone actually was talking about this thread at the rink so I HAD to come check it out- it made me giggle like a schoolgirl. So funny.

I've seen him skate. Is he decent? I guess so. Does he have doubles? Yes, messy ones. Triples? He tries. Does he take from Nicks? Well, he skates at Aliso Viejo sometimes- never seen him take a lesson, but it's not unfathomable- Mr Nicks teaches LOTS of people, even little 5 year old pre-pre's, and older ladies like the 60-something president of the OC figure skating club. Mr Nicks is a GREAT coach, but being taught by him really doesn't mean anything more than that he had enough time to fit you in.

From what I've seen of Nikolai's skating, he wouldn't make it out of Regionals, not even as an Intermediate. On the flipside though, IF he is competing, I do not think he is competing for the U.S., which might explain why he'd think he has a shot at the Olys (although he still probably doesn't, and that's not an insult, I don't have a shot in Hell to make it either, and I think my skating's decent too.)

The site however, made my week. Everyone at my rink, too. It's hilarious. And it's a bunch of bull. Yeah, it's true what the original poster says- every "decent" skater around here knows who he is, but not for desirable reasons.

skaternum
10-13-2005, 08:14 AM
The site however, made my week. Everyone at my rink, too. It's hilarious. And it's a bunch of bull. Yeah, it's true what the original poster says- every "decent" skater around here knows who he is, but not for desirable reasons. Hmm, reminds me of the website of a certain adult skater. :twisted:

phoenix
10-13-2005, 10:08 AM
Sorry, I just can't help comparing these two.........

Read Nikolai's Journal entry (http://www.nikolaihedrizkov.com/journal.html)

Then read Johnny Weir's latest entry (http://www.figureskatersonline.com/johnnyweir/journalmain.php?p=05october.php)

On the one hand, we have a 2 time national champion, among other accomplishments, saying 'I'm skating like crap right now & really struggling but I'm going to try so hard to turn it around....." Honest analysis of where he is in the season, what he needs work on, how he feels about it......

Then we have a novice, possibly junior level skater with no apparently no competitive accomplishments, spouting about "everyone hates me because I'm so pretty & talented, & all the Chinese spies are out to get me." :roll: :roll: :roll:

but much respect to Johnny, showing the class of a true champion.

Icer954
10-13-2005, 02:00 PM
Acctually, since this has become such a hot topic, I did my research and spoke with some people this morning at the rink, and as for STARDUST's comment on having messy doubles. Tries triples, I have to say her sources are highly in valed. In fact I spoke with some one today who skated with him over the weekend in paramount ( also where he skates moslt now because he has several hours of private ice at each week, which I just called the paramount iceland to verify so I don't look like a fool on here) and he has very solid doubles. Triple sal toe and loop and very clean double axel. John nicks is his directing coach and he trains with sashi kuchiki and pasha grishuk 6 days a week at paramount. Visiting john nicks once a week.

Thank and please feel free to confirm all of this.

NoVa Sk8r
10-13-2005, 03:11 PM
This topic has gone from the sublime to the ridiculous ... actually, it's all ridiculous.
I vote for more snarks from skaternum ... http://degiorgi.math.hr/forum/images/smiles/666.gif

Justine_R
10-13-2005, 04:14 PM
But as you all know, when your talented, blessed, attractive, it tends to DRIVE PEOPLE TO HATE!

Mhmm.
Someones a little full of themselves. 8O

stardust skies
10-13-2005, 07:59 PM
First of- Paramount doesn't HAVE private ice. It has a couple freestyles a day, the rest is public session ice- ALLLLL day. It's a pretty empty rink though, so perhaps he gets the ice to himself- still, it isn't "private ice" (why would a Novice skater who isn't even competing need private ice anyway? No one else here does, and we DO have people likely going to the Olympics). Everytime I've seen this boy skate, it's been on freestyle ice, like the rest of us "common folk".

Also, Oksana Grishuk is a choreographer in this area, not a coach- who needs a choreographer 6 days a week for the entire season? No one- unless you're really challenged and can't remember your own programs. So I think the right thing to do would be to give the credit to Sashie- who likely is his actual coach, and say that Pasha choreographs for him, and that he gets lessons from Nicks once a week. Nicks clearly isn't his main coach- Sashie is. It's sad that he can't even be gracious enough to give credit where credit is due. [edit: nevermind, you are the one, icer954, who is claiming that he is coached by Pasha 6 days a week and that he is Nicks' "elite project", Nikolai actually does give the correct information on his website. Perhaps you could at least believe his own site, and stop touting him as Nicks' new protegee. Not like he's gonna be seeing much of Nicks anyway since Sasha's gone with him all season and then he's retiring.]

Meanwhile, he HAS no major competition accomplishements (as far as I know, no minor ones either, but I don't know for sure..), so calling himself a "National and Olympic" whatever is such a bunch of bull. And maybe he did get more solid doubles by now and was having a problem of some kind before...I don't know, I just call it like I see it; what I do know is that in the best case scenario and according to what you said about his jumps, he's still not going to the Olympics if all he's got are a double axel and three triples (and he's already in his 20's so it doesn't bode too well for 2010, either). Not to mention that you need to pass your SENIOR test to even be considered, and that he's only a Novice right now (I guess he's competing for the U.S. after all if he's testing here..) so listing the Olympics on his schedule is ridiculous- he could test up, but not in time for this season; he didn't even do Regionals, so clearly, he's not headed for Nationals at any level, and much less the Olys this year. And how could he list both EUROPEANS and NATIONALS on his schedule? Not only is he lying, he's not even being credible, cause it's impossible to do both.

Finally, Icer954, I don't really know why you posted in order to "inquire" about this skater, when clearly you can "make a call" and "find out more information" whenever anyone states anything about him that isn't what you want to hear. If you're so well-informed and in the know about him, I don't see why you'd ask on a message board. Although I'm not sure how a mother of two daughters who skate up the mountain and randomly saw this skater on tv (supposedly..although I've never heard of a "made for tv" Los Angeles local skating special...) could just "make a call" and find out everything about this boy. If anything, that's pretty creepy.

PS: I wasn't gonna say anything about the Johnny Weir comparison the first time around because I don't think it's nice to criticize someone's looks, but ALL those pictures on his site are really heavily photoshopped. He doesn't look like that at all. I've seen Johnny in person (who is beautiful with clear skin, perfect shiny hair, gorgeous eyes, the list goes on...), and I've seen this kid, who's the opposite of that. There's not even a ressemblence. And I feel bad writing it, but if he's gonna write a journal entry saying how everyone's jealous of how pretty he is, then I think I can say that I feel otherwise. This is the only non-skating related thing I will say on this entire topic.

[Edited to add: Wow, this is the topic that just keeps on giving...I am now reading the entry a poster linked above and oh my God!!! "Drama in the press and media"??? WHAT press and media? I'm sure he doesn't even have an USFS bio, much less...press or media. He must be joking. This is seriously even worse than I thought. And yet it's great, all at the same time. Thank you, original poster, for your provision of endless entertainment.]

stardust skies
10-13-2005, 08:02 PM
Hmm, reminds me of the website of a certain adult skater. :twisted:

Whose? What? I probably missed that entire debacle. Probably best not to rehash things if it's already come and gone though, but I am still curious.

Terri C
10-13-2005, 08:51 PM
thats when i became a fan.. he skated for a local TV program in Los angeles with a few other skaters. .. then last winter he started training where my two daughters skate in Lake arrowhead.

Your two daughters? Makes me think that you are a adult Then, I strongly advise you to use proper grammar and not post in small letters. This board is mostly frequented by adults and posting in small letters tends us to think that it's a teenager posting.

mikawendy
10-13-2005, 10:58 PM
I vote for more snarks from skaternum ... http://degiorgi.math.hr/forum/images/smiles/666.gif

Totally off topic, but I have to say that I love the smilie, NoVa!

Icer954
10-13-2005, 11:35 PM
STARDUST --- Check your facts. Call Paramount. Nikolai pay for private ice there every morning before the freestyles start and on Sunday afternoons. I called and spoke with , Mike, earlier today. He is the general manager. Feel free to call for yourself. Im guess he must have the funds to pay for it, you dont to be michelle kwan to get private ice, if you can afford it.

So once again, check your facts before you insist on denying my posts.

Also, i have confirmed that He has passed his Junior free and moves, and Senior Moves, and is scheduled to take his Senior free test in November. OCFSC, doesnt post his new tests after July as he is an Individual Member now.

Check your facts, dear. I can provide contact information to confirm all of this.

Also, as for Pasha coaching so often. She is a Coach, not just a choreographer, i know 2 students she coaches on freestyle and had a dance team as well. She can work on edges, spins, presentation.. something that is a big factor in amautuer skating. You are obviously a bitter adult skater.

Icer954
10-13-2005, 11:37 PM
And how could he list both EUROPEANS and NATIONALS on his schedule? Not only is he lying, he's not even being credible, cause it's impossible to do both.

.]

As for that, does it state US nationals or just NATIONALS. I do believe that in order to qualify for Europeans, you MUST do your country's nationals.

Again, Check your facts.

stardust skies
10-14-2005, 03:40 AM
STARDUST --- Check your facts. Call Paramount. Nikolai pay for private ice there every morning before the freestyles start and on Sunday afternoons. I called and spoke with , Mike, earlier today. He is the general manager. Feel free to call for yourself. Im guess he must have the funds to pay for it, you dont to be michelle kwan to get private ice, if you can afford it.

So once again, check your facts before you insist on denying my posts.

Also, i have confirmed that He has passed his Junior free and moves, and Senior Moves, and is scheduled to take his Senior free test in November. OCFSC, doesnt post his new tests after July as he is an Individual Member now.

Check your facts, dear. I can provide contact information to confirm all of this.

Also, as for Pasha coaching so often. She is a Coach, not just a choreographer, i know 2 students she coaches on freestyle and had a dance team as well. She can work on edges, spins, presentation.. something that is a big factor in amautuer skating. You are obviously a bitter adult skater.

I had written a reply to you with actual information to prove to you how everything that you say makes no sense and how you're lying off your a**, but unlike you, I decided that I don't feel comfortable posting about someone else's bussiness on a public message board, so I won't.

All I will say is simple logic: if Nikolai is/was part of OCFSC and resides in CA, then he's skating for the SWP region (even as an individual, as such you skate for whichever region you live in). So I don't care if he's Novice, Senior, whatever- he missed the season. He didn't do Regionals, they're over, so he's not doing Nationals or the OLYS. Since he IS part of USFS, there's no way, unlike what you said, that he's skating for another country. You have to be part of another country's association (and can't be part of two at the same time) before you can compete for them. If he's working on his Senior test here, then he's clearly competing here. Although it turns out that he's not competing at all, so that settles that, and he shouldn't put Nationals or the Olympics on his schedule when he hasn't even entered Regionals. He didn't do ANY of the other comps listed on his schedule, either. Nebelhorn and Golden West have come and gone, and he wasn't at either of them. So *you* check your facts. And I'd advise not slandering the very good management staff at Paramount anymore- saying that they would divulge private information about the whereabouts, coaching arrangements, or anything else about one of their skaters is a really serious accusation and it could get them in a lot of trouble if it were true- it's privacy invasion, and you could be some psycho stalker. It's way too much of a liability for them, and I know they respect their skaters too much to speak for them and give out information to someone over the telephone. Nikolai is not a known-skater, and you're not a journalist who showed up with credentials to do an interview. There's no reason to be trying to find out about his every move the way you are, and even less reason for the rink's management to give it to you. You should focus on your own damn kids, I'm sure they miss you with all the time you're spending on Nikolai's skating. If you really have any kids to begin with. As far as I'm concerned, you probably *are* Nikolai. I don't know anyone else who's obsessed with him. If you are him, here's my piece of advice: just SKATE. :frus:

NYCskater
10-14-2005, 03:59 AM
Hmm, reminds me of the website of a certain adult skater. :twisted:

skaternum, you are back with this again? do you just take this mess from section to section on this message board?
Please listen to your own advice and start acting like the grown up woman I know you can be.

TimDavidSkate
10-14-2005, 06:02 AM
skaternum, you are back with this again? do you just take this mess from section to section on this message board?
Please listen to your own advice and start acting like the grown up woman I know you can be.

Exactly!!! If and when the time comes that everyone is bashing you I wish I can see the look on your face!!! :twisted:

Tim David
--------------------------------------
Tim David (http://www.TimDavid.org)

TimDavidSkate
10-14-2005, 06:08 AM
This topic has gone from the sublime to the ridiculous ... actually, it's all ridiculous.

I guess the majority of people on this forum likes bashing skaters. To be honest here, I don't think that you would like people to go to your webpage and start criticizing your every word! :??

Tim David
------------------------------------------
Tim David (http://www.TimDavid.org)

phoenix
10-14-2005, 06:09 AM
....besides which he's not qualified to skate anything at senior, other than a non-qualifying comp that allows people to skate up. So putting all those "big boy" events on his site makes him look like he doesn't even know the rules for competing & how you even get to go to those events.

I actually really hope that Nikolai is somewhere innocently skating & this site is just product of an overzealous parent or publicist (obviously there's money there to waste on foolish things like photo shoots & professional website design), rather than being driven by he himself. Which would make him a pawn, yes, but would still be better than the alternative.

And if you're so sure John Nicks (or any of his coaches) is aware of the site, you must be pretty close to the entourage (I, like Stardust skies, believe you're *in* it, though I suspect you're the web designer/publicist). I know a lot of coaches, in all levels of skating, & I feel very sure that not one of them would allow such a thing to go on. Makes the coach look foolish to, because it implies they support this approach.

NYCskater
10-14-2005, 08:54 AM
skaternum, obviously you love to stir up trouble in a public forum, but
then when someone calls you out on your juvenile behavior, you only have
the guts to respond in a private forum. COWARD. Many people in skating have
"vanity" websites for whatever reason. Nikolai's website could list that he
is Olympic Champion for all I care. It is not me to come on to a skating
forum and immediately start bashing him. This skating world is full of
dreamers, whether it is the small girls who dream of the Olympics when they
don't have a chance, Nikolai here, my friend Tim, the adult skaters who
think that they are doing some kind of Code of Points Spins, the other
adult skaters who throw every penny into skating without thinking of how
they are going to balance the rest of their budget or the adult skaters who
skate 7 days a week and then cry that they don't have a man. All of these
people are what drives skating and it is certainly not up to YOU to be the
one to always POUNCE on somebody because you don't agree with what they put
on their websites. You can certainly talk about these things in a forum,
but YOU certainly have a negative tone to alot of your posts whether it is
directed at Tim or even a small girl who was asking a simple question. You
immediately jumped on her and told her to go post somewhere else. I don't
know what is lacking in your life, but you are old enough to be Tim's
mother - SO SET AN EXAMPLE!!!!

Icer954
10-14-2005, 09:33 AM
NYCSkater.

Once again, thining you know everything. Nikolai is a First club member of his club back home. AND you can test and be a second club member OR an Individual club member here in the USA at the same time. In fact, i know a novice pair team that just competed at SWP regionals and in two weeks are competing for Taipei for singles.

As long as nikolai doesnt compete in a qualifying USA event, he can still represent his home country.

Furthermore, Regarding tests. For ISU, smaller countries dont have " tests" it goes by age, so after the age of 16 usually, you are automatically at Senior level. BUT nikolai can still take USFSA tests here to help improve his skating, as learning the movies in the feild does, also, as most skaters want to pass all their tests because it is a sense of completion.

Please once again. you are obviously an adult skater who has no experience in international focus.

Jinx1983
10-14-2005, 10:06 AM
Doesn't this seem like some kind of RPG related site?

The over-the-top photos with the glamour shots photography, the scene chewing drama in the journal, the unrealistic list of events? It's skate-fic!

I bet that "Nikolai Hedrizhkov" will turn out to be a character for online gaming, authored by, some guy with maybe a more prosaic name... like, say James Headrick (http://www.jamesheadrick.com/) .

Icer954
10-14-2005, 10:50 AM
What is this! Did one of you bitter adult skaters go make a hate site for this kid? That's really shallow. And what's with what seems to be with other name????

dr.frog
10-14-2005, 11:53 AM
I bet that "Nikolai Hedrizhkov" will turn out to be a character for online gaming, authored by, some guy with maybe a more prosaic name... like, say James Headrick (http://www.jamesheadrick.com/) .

You're getting close. This James Headrick person apparently has quite a record of fabrication under his own name.

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-4577.html

This doesn't seem like a game to me.... just evidence that this guy is already living in a fantasy land of his own.

Icer954
10-14-2005, 01:43 PM
Dr. Frog,

Your proving my every point exactly. Obviously people find this nikolai kid intimidating or they are just plain jealous of his wealth.

Things like this ( people postong obscene and blatant lies about some one) are just a sign of jealousy and should be taken as a compliment to nikolai.

Do you think with what all of that on the internet, if there was acctually any truth to it, he would still be welcome in all the rinks and taking from world class coaches? I would think not. And all of the bull that is on those other sites is well known in southern california. ( I believe that is what nikolai refers to in his journal entry as 'all the drama') and I'm guessing since he is still around and at a rink and being taught every day. That the important people know the truth. Take that for consideration DR FROG

NoVa Sk8r
10-14-2005, 02:01 PM
I guess the majority of people on this forum likes bashing skaters. To be honest here, I don't think that you would like people to go to your webpage and start criticizing your every word! :?? "To be honest?" Now that certainly would be a first for you.
I say "Bravo" to skaternum for having the nerve to call you on your prevarications and multiple absurdities. (But I'm still waiting for more snarks. http://degiorgi.math.hr/forum/images/smiles/waiting.gif ;) )

Funny how these threads always morph into these silly topics. http://degiorgi.math.hr/forum/images/smiles/transformer.gif

jazzpants
10-14-2005, 03:02 PM
What is this! Did one of you bitter adult skaters go make a hate site for this kid? That's really shallow. And what's with what seems to be with other name????Icer954, you can relax. No bitter adult skater has put in a hate site for this kid. Nobody is frying this kid b/c they're jealous of this kid's wealth and fame. Nobody even CARES about this kid!!! They're too busy frying each other to care!!! http://degiorgi.math.hr/forum/images/smiles/666.gif

(God, I love this smiley! Tee hee...) :mrgreen:

I wish him luck in his endeavors... (and in the off chance that you are Nikolai and not "a mother of two kids"... you really should waste your time online with us "bitter adult skaters." You should be either be working on next year's competition, on the ice skating your heart out or at the gym training so you can perform at your best. (i.e. Don't just sit there dreaming away! Start working towards those dreams come true!!!)

From another adult skater, though frustrated at times, never bitter, b/c I LOVE my sport!!! (As another fellow adult skater mentioned, "It's the most fun you'll have with your clothes on.") http://degiorgi.math.hr/forum/images/smiles/thumbs.gif

And thank you y'all for contributing to the drama on this thread. It was getting boring earlier this week...and I needed the entertainment!!! LOL!!! :lol:

crayonskater
10-14-2005, 03:15 PM
So, what country is Nikolai representing? And when did he change his name from James Headricks?

His site makes it look like he's a current national, world, and Olympic competitor. I do know a girl who was the national champion of Ecuador, so it's possible that he could have a 2axel and a few triples and win somewhere (but that doesn't of course, mean he could qualify for the Olympics).

Jinx1983
10-14-2005, 03:34 PM
This site claims he is Swedish: http://nikolaihedrizkovcom.nationprotect.net/page_000.htm

Ja, Hedrizkov, good Swenske name.

However he doesn't appear to have competed at Swedish Nationals:
http://www.skatesweden.se/r04_05sm.htm

Hmmmmm.....

Icer954
10-14-2005, 03:48 PM
Crayon and jinx.

There was never a name change, if so it would be hard for him to hold a passport from russia and have a russian father and sweidh mother. And also speak both langauges fluent. I'm sure a legal name change would come with all that?

And jinx. Go back a few years. If u read above it stated nikolai has been off the ice for two years anin california training the last year and ahalf, so you can't give a like to swedens 04/05 nationals.

skaternum
10-14-2005, 03:54 PM
skaternum, obviously you love to stir up trouble in a public forum, but then when someone calls you out on your juvenile behavior, you only have the guts to respond in a private forum. COWARD.(Funny you should use the term "juvenile.") Okay, fine. I was trying to take this offline and spare the other readers, but fine. Here's what I sent Tim via PM:
Tim,
I'm not sure what the bashing would be since, unlike you, I do not lie about my accomplishments. Nor do I omit pertinent information about my accomplishments to make it look like I've achieved some greatness that I haven't. YOU are the one who lied about passing Juvenile, when you've only passed Preliminary. YOU are the one with the vanity website making it sound like you're God's gift to adult skating, thereby inviting ridicule from the adult skating community. I'm just the person who had the nerve to call you on it. If it weren't for your lying and self-aggrandizement, there wouldn't be the constant rumors floating around about your ineligibility, being kicked out of rinks, and harrasment of other skaters. If you put it out there, people will talk about it.

I don't
know what is lacking in your life, but you are old enough to be Tim's
mother - SO SET AN EXAMPLE!!!!Here's a little example I like to set. It's called "honesty." My motherly advice is for him to try it sometime. His reply to my PM included this little gem ...
Him quoting me: YOU are the one who lied about passing Juvenile, when you've only passed Preliminary.
Him: I never said that!!!

Okay, then what was this posting, that started the whole concern about his eligibility??
http://www.skatingforums.com/showthread.php?p=241785&highlight=Juv#post241785

If he didn't lie and self-aggrandize, none of this would be an issue. And that's pretty much all I have to say on the matter here. Make a new thread if you want.

crayonskater
10-14-2005, 04:03 PM
Crayon and jinx.

There was never a name change, if so it would be hard for him to hold a passport from russia and have a russian father and sweidh mother. And also speak both langauges fluent. I'm sure a legal name change would come with all that?

And jinx. Go back a few years. If u read above it stated nikolai has been off the ice for two years anin california training the last year and ahalf, so you can't give a like to swedens 04/05 nationals.

Will he be competing in Sweden this year to qualify for the Olympics? (Does Sweden have an Olympic berth in figure skating?) Will he be at Europeans?

Maybe someone is a fan of this kid and put up a website to him that's misleading He should probably make sure they put up 'Swedish' nationals because otherwise people will get confused and assume he's talking about American nationals since he trains and tests in the U.S.

dr.frog
10-14-2005, 04:30 PM
Jealous? :lol: I'm quite successful in my own profession, thank you very much. Why should I be jealous of a pathetic wannabe skater who lies about his accomplishments? And if you think those aren't lies, just what "National, World, and Olympic" competitions has this skater competed at? Those kinds of statements are relatively easy to fact-check. He certainly didn't compete at any of the events listed in the calendar section on his web site, either.

Michigansk8er
10-14-2005, 04:31 PM

02/03: http://home.snafu.de/eberl/archiv/2002-03/natswe2003.shtml

TimDavidSkate
10-14-2005, 04:32 PM
Seriously you need to shut the hell up already!!!
Again, it is not up to your damn self to judge people and drag their name to the mud!!! You must have had a rough childhood to be so hateful, get a life woman!!!

Skaternum:Nor do I omit pertinent information about my accomplishments to make it look like I've achieved some greatness that I haven't. + YOU are the one with the vanity website making it sound like you're God's gift to adult skating,
Tim:I believe that any skater who gets on the ice and skate in a competition has achieved some greatness to themselves

Skaternum:being kicked out of rinks
Tim: Care to elaborate on that!!!
I dare you to do your research - rink name and management, you will come up with ZIP!!!

PS: Worry about your own damn self for a change!!!

I rest my case, this whole thing that skaternum and nova are trying to create is very destructive...

crayonskater
10-14-2005, 04:58 PM
People just need to ensure that if they're going to publicize information about themselves online, that it should be accurate. Whoever this Nikolai kid is, even if he's totally innocent, it makes him look like a wannabe who is hoping that people will think he's a serious contender for the American (senior) national title and an Olympic berth. These things always out and make the person look foolish.

Lots of young skaters have webpages, but the good ones are very honest about it.

And the honesty should apply at all levels. I have no idea what everyone here is going on about, but if three gazillion years from now I compete in the Adult Gold (say) competition class I and am so happy that I win that I make my own website for my friends and family to see, I should be sure to say 'Adult National medalist', not 'American national champion.' And if I do the latter and someone calls me on it, I should clarify rather than claim that I am really a sort of champion.

Other than that, though, there's so many vanity pages on the internet that if someone puts up a skating page, it's really no big deal.

TimDavidSkate
10-14-2005, 05:03 PM
Admin. can this thread be locked off already!!!! It is really not going anywhere...

Justine_R
10-14-2005, 07:33 PM
This has turned crazy, I say we just stop now.
Who cares about some wannabe skater? Its ruining our friendships on skating forums.
Its really quite pathetic you know.
I bet sitting behind Icer945 is Nikolai himself, or some friend or relative of his, hes probably just trying to boost himself and get himself well known but really if it is you Nikolai then stop you just seem like a fool.
I say you either start a new website with new facts or edit the one you've already got, because really..you seem like an egoistic maniac.
Also, if you really are that self centered as you come off on your journal then good luck in getting some fans.
Anyways, what do I know? Im a young skater not an adult so you can say what you wish Icer945 I REALLY DONT CARE.
Anyways, hello everyone on Skating Forums i've left for a while but im back now and a lot more grown up I must say, I started highschool its great:).
Talk soon!

Icer954
10-14-2005, 08:48 PM
Sweden has 2 spots in the olympics.. which is very very easy to qualify for.

This in fact isnt nikolai, I am social with nikolai, but he has no idea this is going on. I just had obsereved the last couple of months, him having a lot of drama, and i tried to get some some positive things said about him, But this just turned into a wreck! I hope he doesnt see this himself, but i doubt many people know about these skating forums.

crayonskater
10-14-2005, 08:54 PM
You know, if you want positive things said about him, start with being honest about his history and training. No one is going to get excited about a kid whose website looks like he's trying for an American Olympic spot with a double axel.

But a good kid with an interesting website (that's true) and who is a talented novice? Much more interesting than a made up story.

NickB
10-14-2005, 08:59 PM
Umm no, Sweden doesn't have 2 spots, they have one spot and 2 great skaters battling it out for it. Kristoffer Berntsson was 14th at worlds last year so he only qualified one spot, and Adrian Schultheiss recently won a Junior Grand Prix event in Croatia with an excellent skate and lots of triples. Filip Stiller is another Swedish skater who is pretty good (I haven't seen him skate but he's had some decent international results). :roll:

Justine_R
10-14-2005, 09:04 PM
Sweden has 2 spots in the olympics.. which is very very easy to qualify for.

This in fact isnt nikolai, I am social with nikolai, but he has no idea this is going on. I just had obsereved the last couple of months, him having a lot of drama, and i tried to get some some positive things said about him, But this just turned into a wreck! I hope he doesnt see this himself, but i doubt many people know about these skating forums.

Him having a lot of Drama? As in?

Sorry, Icer945, but no one is going to say any positive things about a Nikolai...his website is lying in mostly everything. On his TV Schedule hes got the 2006 European Champs and Olympic Games, WHY? THATS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.
If he didnt compete at Regionals he definetly won't be competing at the 2006 Olympics thats for sure.
And..maybe it could be a good thing that he sees this site? 8O
Anyways I surrender the flag :giveup: , Im really not that bothered anymore..I just don't like it when people say things that aren't true...anyways.
Im done.

flippet
10-14-2005, 09:53 PM
Methinks some people doth protest too much.

All shit-stirrers will be banned.

Moderators make the call as to who is and is not a shit-stirrer.

Moderators' decisions are final.

And if someone makes their bed by being a whiny-assed resume-inflator, they'll eventually have to lie in it. You know what they say about karma. Meanwhile, keep it off the boards.

thankyew,
~flippet