View Full Version : Countdown to Skate America: 2 weeks to go

dewey
10-05-2005, 03:54 PM
I can't believe how competitive the Ice Dancing discipline is becoming. Am anxious to get to Atlantic City to see all the skaters in this run-up to the Winter Games.

Hydroblade
10-06-2005, 06:25 PM
Lets hope the skaters don't decide to all get injured like last year worlds :giveup: I think there was an injury in every event!

dbny
10-17-2005, 07:15 PM
I'm going! I'm going! Today my friend/skating director called me. She had already bought tickets to all events & practices, and booked a hotel room. She goes everywhere with her best friend - but the friend cannot go now. Did I say - I'm going!

icedancer2
10-17-2005, 07:19 PM
I'm going! I'm going! Today my friend/skating director called me. She had already bought tickets to all events & practices, and booked a hotel room. She goes everywhere with her best friend - but the friend cannot go now. Did I say - I'm going!

Have a great time! We expect DETAILED reports!! :D

Moto Guzzi
10-18-2005, 08:13 AM
I'm going, too! :D

Anybody else?

dewey
10-27-2005, 12:40 PM
It was great to see Jamie Siverstein's smile again. Ben and Tanith skated beautifully even though she was sick all week. (I'm sure the constant rain was not helping her shake her bronchitis).
The "new guy" from Japan (Daisuke Takahashi) was spectacular. I was bummed that Johnny Weir skipped SA, but I'm happy to have a third male skater to watch this season.
Alissa Czisny was beautiful. So smooth and elegant. Her spins are the best since Lucinda Ruh. Look out, Sasha.
Nobody's saying much about the pairs, but Aaron Parchem and Marcie Hinzman were really fun to watch. She's a real doll. John Baldwin surpirised himself and everyone in the stands by landing his side-by-side jumps in the long program. Phew!