View Full Version : Order for Gold Moves test

Stormy
09-01-2005, 11:22 AM
Does anyone know if the order for the moves on the Adult Gold test is the same as it was before, just replacing the Novice move with the Slide Chasse sequence? I cheked the judges panel forms on USFSA and they aren't updated yet.

Debbie S
09-01-2005, 11:27 AM
According to the insert in the June/July Skating Mag that spells out the rule changes passed at GC, the slide chasse move is the 5th move, after the back double 3's and before the brackets. You might want to double check with the judges at the beginning of the test, when they ask you if know the order of the moves. Since the change will have just taken affect, I'm sure they won't mind answering the question.

I actually think the changes don't become official until tomorrow.

Good luck on your test!

Stormy
09-01-2005, 11:29 AM
Excellent, thanks! :bow:

LoopLoop
09-01-2005, 11:39 AM
Stormy, what time is the test session?

Stormy
09-01-2005, 12:27 PM
My warm up is 7:15 tomorrow evening, and I'll be on the practice ice sessions right before and after the test.

InsideAxel
09-01-2005, 12:53 PM
Stormy,

Is your schedule different from this one? Test Schedule (http://s26.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3PKKEBG5YVHA835BS52IR8G1EU)

C'ya!

Kelton

Stormy
09-01-2005, 01:08 PM
I didn't even see that schedule. The test chair just told me over e-mail the warm up would be 7:15. I mailed my form in a few weeks ago but she didn't have it and I think she's squeezing me in, which I am SUPER grateful for!

InsideAxel
09-01-2005, 01:13 PM
Gotcha...just wanted to make sure I was working off the right one.

C'ya!

Kelton

vesperholly
09-01-2005, 02:44 PM
GOOD LUCK!!!! Should be a breeze now that you've passed Intermediate!

:mrgreen:

Stormy
09-01-2005, 03:22 PM
Thank you! :) I will just skate my best and hope for the best!

JulieN
09-01-2005, 05:21 PM
I performed the moves elements in the wrong order once during a test!

When I took my Silver Moves test, I had somehow received misinformation about the order of the moves. It was my own fault -- I didn't use a coach for this test since I had already learned most of the moves previously (in fact, I took my Intermediate Moves on the same day). Anyway, the judge asked me if I knew the order of the moves. I said yes (Duh!). Well I started the test and the judge called me back because I was not performing the moves in the correct order! :oops: I then asked her to give me the correct order. She instead told me to just do them in the order that I was planning. Just shows that the judges usually try and do what they can to help us pass!

Mrs Redboots
09-02-2005, 07:00 AM
I performed the moves elements in the wrong order once during a test!So did my husband! Our Dance Moves tests currently only have two elements in each, and the judge decided to ask him to do the elements in the reverse order to normal. So the Husband, nervous, went out and did them in the way he had practiced..... but the judge passed him anyway, realising he'd been focussing on what he was about to do, not on what the judge had been saying!

Stormy, very best of luck (or am I too late and it is all over?).