View Full Version : Kurt hosts Alberta Bound, CBC, Aug 25

Artemis
08-15-2005, 11:31 AM
No skating in this show, but Kurt Browning fans will probably want to tune in anyway. And of course there will be some great music.

Kurt is hosting this salute to Alberta musicians, in conjunction with the province's centennial.

Alberta Bound: A Centennial Celebration Thurs Aug 25, 8:00, CBC.

(I don't know if it will be affected by the CBC labour dispute if that's still on then.)

jcspkbfan
08-25-2005, 05:38 PM
I've been seeing commercials for this all week long and I read a review in today's Globe and Mail, so I'm pretty sure this will still be broadcast. :D

Unfortunately, it looks like the review isn't posted on the Globe and Mail website, so here are a few highlights:

In one segment, Kurt meets the members of Nickelback and the guys in the band appeared "to be a little awe-struck" after their encounter with Kurt. :bow:

In another segment, Kurt drives Jann Arden around Calgary, and at one point, Jann says, "Okay, we have to buy liquor," after observing Kurt's "wacky driving
technique." :P

The reviewer also describes Kurt as "an engaging and often funny fella" and says "The fact that (Kurt's) enjoying himself is obvious and infectious."

It was generally a pretty positive review and it sounds like an enjoyable two hours...especially for Kurt fans! :)