View Full Version : blade quesiton

*IceDancer1419*
07-19-2005, 08:05 PM
for all you dancer-types...

Are ultima dance blades good? I've found a pair that'll fit my boots, and they're at a really, really great price. What does E-X-T mean? lol.

Also, do they work at all for jumps? I'm not planning on doing any hard-core jumping, but my coach does want me to be able to land all my singles eventually. It's not gonna KILL me if I can't, but I was just wondering, as I think sometimes even dance blades can accomodate the simpler little jumps like that. Anyone have any experience with that? Thanks!!!

jenlyon60
07-19-2005, 08:11 PM
I have the original Ultima Dance blades. Personally I love them. My coach has Ultima dance blades (the new model) and he likes them alot (he had the original Ultima Dance blades on his old pair of boots, after wearing MK dance blades for his whole competitive career). OTOH, I know a coach/adult gold dance competitor who tried the Ultima Dance blades and hated them.

I believe the E-X-T has something to do with the manufacture process. The Jackson/Ultima web site may have more info... www.jacksonskates.com I belive.

for all you dancer-types...

Are ultima dance blades good? I've found a pair that'll fit my boots, and they're at a really, really great price. What does E-X-T mean? lol.

Also, do they work at all for jumps? I'm not planning on doing any hard-core jumping, but my coach does want me to be able to land all my singles eventually. It's not gonna KILL me if I can't, but I was just wondering, as I think sometimes even dance blades can accomodate the simpler little jumps like that. Anyone have any experience with that? Thanks!!!

phoenix
07-19-2005, 09:54 PM
I have Ultima Ascend dance & I love them. They have pretty big toe picks so single jumps would be no problem.

luna_skater
07-19-2005, 10:45 PM
EXT has something to do with harder edges, extending blade life.

I have the synchro blades, which are similar to the dance blades, and love them to death.

Twinkletoes
07-21-2005, 04:01 PM
Coronation Ace mine is! Best for now.

Perry
07-21-2005, 06:47 PM
Ultima was recommended to me, since I'm still doing dance (which now is Internationals) on Gold Seals, which isn't really boding well for the Ravensburger twizzles. I'm still not sure if I'm going to get them, since I don't know if I want to have to switch boots so often (and I'm working on triples, so I can't jump in dance blades) and apparently my current Kilngbeil's which I was going to convert into dance boots since they're too broken in for freestyle are now even too broken in for dance...But to make a long story short, I've heard they're good. My skate lady uses them and loves them.