I don't think this is going to help any, but its worth a try
if you've ever lost your music tape know how evil your coach can get :evil:
I need suggestions on where to look for it
if you ever lost your tape and found it. where did you find it :?:
thanx in advance :)
~cutie ;)

CanAmSk8ter
05-06-2005, 07:27 PM
When I was 13 or 14 I lost my tape so many times that my coach said if she had to make me another new copy she was charging me $10. Since that actually meant she was charging my parents $10 (in other words, my mom was going to find out I had lost another tape), I decided pretty quick that I had to come up with a way to stop losing tapes.

Here's what I did (and still do): when I get on the ice, I put everything down together on the boards. Tape, guards, tissue box, water bottle, all go in the same spot. I might forget something when I get off the ice, but I'm not going to forget all of it, and if it's all in the same place I'll see it and remember. This helped me stop losing my guards, too- I had my last pair so long (three years!) that the heels had worn through and I had to stop using them before I even lost them.

Skate@Delaware
05-06-2005, 07:32 PM
Did you look in your car? Look under the seats (all the seats-these little things can slide all around) and in the cracks of the cushions, in the trunk? Look in your skate bag--dump everything out and go through everything and all the pockets. Do the same with your purse. Next, look in the pockets of any jackets you wear skating-even if you think you haven't worn them in a long time. Then look in all the tape players in your car and house.

Then, go through your house and follow the tracks of every place your skate bag ever goes and look there.

Good luck!

Fly2010
05-06-2005, 08:48 PM
When I was 13 or 14 I lost my tape so many times that my coach said if she had to make me another new copy she was charging me $10. Since that actually meant she was charging my parents $10 (in other words, my mom was going to find out I had lost another tape), I decided pretty quick that I had to come up with a way to stop losing tapes.

Here's what I did (and still do): when I get on the ice, I put everything down together on the boards. Tape, guards, tissue box, water bottle, all go in the same spot. I might forget something when I get off the ice, but I'm not going to forget all of it, and if it's all in the same place I'll see it and remember. This helped me stop losing my guards, too- I had my last pair so long (three years!) that the heels had worn through and I had to stop using them before I even lost them.

I am going to have to try puting all my stuff in the same place so i wont forget anything. Thats a good idea.Mybe you should check your room and your skating bag really good, It could be right in front of you.

phoenix
05-06-2005, 10:41 PM
Maybe someone at the rink picked it up for you

Maybe it fell down / off the table at the rink by the boom box

check in all the hockey boxes if you put stuff on the boards there, in all the little "cubby" type spaces on the back side of the hall

all your coat pockets

FSWer
05-06-2005, 11:48 PM
I'm no afority on coaches,etc. but I can suggest this..Try remembering the last place you had it. I sure wish you luck in finding it. Because It sounds like you only have one tape....I would dupplicate it if I were you.

TashaKat
05-07-2005, 12:34 AM
Good luck finding it and, as FSWer said, make a copy of the rest of your tapes so that you always have a spare!

Mrs Redboots
05-07-2005, 05:08 AM
If I couldn't find my music one day, the first place I'd look would be in my coach's box, as an awful lot of his skaters keep their CDs and/or cassettes in his box!

But many competitions insist you have a spare copy with you, so it makes sense to make 2 copies from the outset! Plus, even if it isn't part of the competition regulations, it's nevertheless sensible to have a spare copy anyway, just in case....

Isk8NYC
05-07-2005, 09:05 AM
I have a suggestion for the future:

When you get a new tape, make a copy and keep the original in a safe place.

Sweet16*skater
05-16-2005, 05:47 PM
Wow i think that i've just found my twin...i have lost my share of tapes and cd's the last one was a week before my show and my partner told me not to lose our only copy of our solo music so guess what i do...lose it... anyways i never found it again ...i think that some one took it, everything disappears from my club... so try asking around someone probably saw it somewhere...

cutiesk8r43
05-16-2005, 07:12 PM
Wow i think that i've just found my twin...i have lost my share of tapes and cd's the last one was a week before my show and my partner told me not to lose our only copy of our solo music so guess what i do...lose it... anyways i never found it again ...i think that some one took it, everything disappears from my club... so try asking around someone probably saw it somewhere...

you ARE my twin :bow: i lost my tape and havent found it and i have a competition this saturday.my coach is making a new copy hopefully. she lost my back up :roll: :giveup:
~cutie ;)

doubletoe
05-16-2005, 07:23 PM
I am very scatterbrained and forgetful, so I make sure I always keep everything in the exact same place in my skating bag. I also keep all of my stuff together (even skate guards) in the same place next to the rink so that I can't leave without picking something up.

Now that you have a new tape, make 2 copies of it. Keep one at home, one in your skate bag and one in the car. Label all 3 of them with your name and phone number in case someone finds it.

Good luck at your competition! :)

blue111moon
05-17-2005, 07:16 AM
I think people are either getting more forgetful or are strongly influenced by the concept of a "disposable society" so that when an item is lost/left behind, it's ignored and replaced easily.

After my club's Open, there were 16 tapes/CDs left behind. We used to mail forgotten music back to the competitiors but that's too expensive so we only do it now if someone calls to ask and pays for the mailing. No one called this year so all the music was thrown out.

After our exhibition, 6 people didn't pick up their music, although they had to walk right past the bench on their way out of the rink. Four of the cassettes are still on the music cart; if they don't get picked up this week (3 weeks after the show), they'll be thrown out, too.

I don't blame coaches for getting annoyed over lost music. It's a job to make the programs to begin with and it's the skater's responsibility to keep track of the music.

Not that I'm perfect: the only times I've misplaced my music is when I put it somewhere "safe" and couldn't remember where that was. Frantic searching eventually revealed the hiding place and now I try to always put my belongings in the same place all the time.

Isk8NYC
05-17-2005, 09:58 AM
I edit my music programs on the computer, so I always have a copy of the final version on the computer. So far, my kids have been good about hanging onto their tapes. For safekeeping, I uploaded copies of the current music to my private internet space. That way, if I'm on the road and need a new copy, I can get to it fairly easily.

I have a "check list" inside my kids' swimming bags. It's a list of things they have to take home with them: goggles, suit, caps, towels, shampoo, etc. Still, things get forgotten.

I had a competition idea: How about putting a light-up flashing toy in the pickup box? It would catch people's attention and hopefully remind them to take their tapes.

You're right about the disposable society approach. It would nice if those tapes and CDs were recycled and reused, rather than going to the trash heap.

cutiesk8r43
05-17-2005, 07:06 PM
I edit my music programs on the computer, so I always have a copy of the final version on the computer. So far, my kids have been good about hanging onto their tapes. For safekeeping, I uploaded copies of the current music to my private internet space. That way, if I'm on the road and need a new copy, I can get to it fairly easily.

how do you edit music on the computer? I could use that! :D
~cutie ;)

2loop2loop
05-18-2005, 05:51 AM
how do you edit music on the computer? I could use that! :D
~cutie ;)

Do a web search for freerip - that will let you download music files from your cd's. Then the best free editor that I can find is audacity. I think you can get them both from www.tucows.com. It's quite intuitive so just download and have a play.

John

Isk8NYC
05-18-2005, 01:01 PM
I bought a software package called "Voyetra Audio Surgeon." It can read different song file types (CD/MP3/etc.) and lets you visually dice-and-splice the song. I usually work off a copy of the original, just so I can go back and start over when I get too aggressive.

It's also handy because you can make text notations on their file formats. Sometimes I use that to sketch out a preliminary program, especially for ISI required elements. Makes a handy first draft of the choreography.

miraclegro
05-20-2005, 05:23 PM
did you ask the rink if they have it; also, we all usually write our names on the items if they are left at the rink and someone finds them.

As for keeping up, i am an adult a.d.d. (i think), so i always think before i go on, and after i am done, what do i need? i keep music in my skating bag's front pocket,

but, alas, i still leave things at the rink at times. We all have each other's emails so my most recent thing i left was my skating club jacket. Fortunately, my name is on it, and my friend Sue has it and told me so via email!