View Full Version : Article: Jokes aside, Kwan Looks to Future - LA Times

Dustin
04-04-2002, 08:41 AM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-000024074apr04.story?coll=la%2Dheadlines%2Dsports

Some highlights:
1. She wants to stay in California.
2. If she stays eligible she will hire a coach.
3. She may just go to Nationals like the 1998-1999 season.

Schmeck
04-04-2002, 06:46 PM
But what about the part that if she skates in SOI, she's not eligible anymore? :roll:

Schmeck

ToddFan
04-04-2002, 07:57 PM
LOL Schmeck

AxelAnnie22
04-05-2002, 08:36 PM
I don't think she will stay eligible. I think she is done.

I think she will cruise now. And, good for her.

RE SOI - It will never happen - unless Tara leaves. But, I don't believe that touring with SOI would have anything to do with her eligibility. COI doesn't. I think the only thing that affects one's eligibility is competing in a pro event. :wink:

kelbabe
04-05-2002, 09:03 PM
I'm pretty sure you are right about COI/SOI AxelAnnie.

As for Michelle- I don't know. I just hope she does what makes her happiest. I know she loves to compete, but I have to wonder how much stress she really wants to put on herself? But you never know what she will wind up doing. I would like to see her in an SOI environment if and only if they could utalize her special qualities. And I just don't think she seems like she wants to do SOI anyway. That's fine, she's wonderful in COI.

Guess we can wait all summer to fin out more details!

Kelly

Meredith
04-06-2002, 09:30 AM
Back in 1999(?) did the ISU not preclude seeded skaters from taking part in Pro-Ams if they did not participate in the Grand Prix series?

Is this edict still in effect or not?

If that rule IS still in effect, it seems Michelle's choices are more limited than they were in 1998-99.

HSF
04-06-2002, 07:24 PM
The ISU rule preventing seeded skaters from skating ISU pro/am and open events is probably still in place, but that wouldn't prevent Michelle from skating in the USFSA sponsored events.

I have mixed emotions about MK just competing in Nationals (and Worlds if she makes the team). Seems like that would really put pressure on her to be skating her programs in competition for the first time at a major competition.

Oh course she could go the route of Yagudin and keep her programs from this year. Wouldn't that create havoc on all the skating boards!!!! LOL

HSF