View Full Version : Brian B. Holiday Spectacular, Sat Jan 1, NBC

Artemis
12-31-2004, 02:01 PM
1-3 PST or 4-6 EST (but check your local listings to be safe).

GoldSeals
01-01-2005, 03:03 PM
1-3 PST or 4-6 EST (but check your local listings to be safe).

Looks like the football game is running over.I guess they will cutting the show short.
I will have about 10 minutes of football on my dvd :lol:
GoldSeals :)

bbtano
01-01-2005, 03:13 PM
I cross my fingers and hold my breath hoping that the sports broadcast airing before Brian's show doesn't go over. :-(

It's so frustrating! Why does NBC ALWAYS have to put his show following a live sports event? Couldn't they put it behind something else that is taped? Sigh.

GoldSeals
01-01-2005, 03:20 PM
Its going on 21 minutes now.They wont show much of the show now.Lets hope for a rebroadcast sometime later
GoldSeals

Samskate
01-01-2005, 06:06 PM
As I'm sure all of you know, they did cut it short. Guess all we can hope for is a rebroadcast. :frus:

mdvask8r
01-01-2005, 07:01 PM
They showed the whole thing here (Wash DC area) starting right after the game ended.

purplecat
01-01-2005, 10:22 PM
You're so luck mdvask8er. Here in Southern California we got the cut up version because it was SO important to see the repeat Discovery Kids programs in their entirety!!! :roll: Arrrgh!!! I'm so MAD at NBC! :evil: :frus:

Peter_K
01-01-2005, 10:31 PM
I was grabbing the NBC east coast feed and at 3:59 there was stil 9:12 remaining in the 4th quarter of the football game. The game finally ended at 4:37.

If they cut the version of what they showed, then they must have truncated it somewhere in the middle since they showed the opening and closing of the show. There was no indication that the programing was already in progress.

However, after I cut out the commercials from what my PVR recorded, I was left with 57:38 of actual program material. Far too little for a 2 hour broadcast, but still under what one would expect for even a 90 minute show. (A good rough guide is 22 minutes program material per half hour broadcast)

The timing of this one was strange. I wonder if this is deliberate or just some quick wrangling to make it fit?

--Peter

Samskate
01-02-2005, 05:59 AM
I agree; they must have somehow taken parts out of the middle. For one thing, unless I missed something, I never saw Franc sing. I was only away from the TV during commercials, so I don't think I just missed it. Plus, I thought Brian said on the Today show that the number he was skating was also in the show. I never saw that during the show either. And I didn't see the professional pair (can't think of their names) skate either. I doubt I missed that much by walking out of the room during commercial breaks.

The way the guys doing the football game were talking, I was under the impression the program was going to be shown in its entirety.

NJSk8Fan
01-02-2005, 10:36 AM
I'm on the East coat, too, New Jersey to be exact. Altho it may have seemed we got the whole show because they started at the beginning, it was chacked. The show was supposed to be 2 hours long, it started approximately 4:40pm and went off promptly at 6pm, so we missed 40 minutes.
I surely could've done without Diana DiGarmo but she probably had a contract stating she couldn't be chacked--Carly Patterson may be a good gymnast but she took up time skaters could've been being shown.
I, too, will hope for a re-broadcast of Brian's show in it's entirety!

A.H.Black
01-02-2005, 12:18 PM
Rebroadcast of the Boitano Special usually happen in the Fall. I got last year's this last November.

Sing_Alto
01-02-2005, 02:22 PM
They cut out Brian & Franc's number as well as a cute number with Brian, Elvis and Steven which took place after Brian skated to a portion of "Come Fly With Me". My New Year's Day sucked big time (spent at my local emergency room with my mother) and this is just par for the course, I guess. :cry:

Samskate
01-02-2005, 05:46 PM
NJSk8Fan, I too could have done without Diana DiGarmo big time! I didn't realize we missed a whole 40 minutes. I too wish NBC would schedule the show at some other time when there isn't an oh-so-important sporting event. I wonder how many times this has to happen before things change or if they ever will. Maybe when pigs fly.

Sing Alto, sorry you had such a crummy NYD. Hope your mother is OK.

GoldSeals
01-07-2005, 06:42 PM
Looks like it will be rebroadcast on March 17th and 26th of 2005.
Will update when I get more info
Regards,GoldSeals:) :bow:

GoldSeals
01-27-2005, 10:46 PM
Saturday Jan. 29 2-4pm Repeat of Brian Boitano's Holiday Skating Spectacular on NBC
:lol:
Regards,GoldSeals :)

NJSk8Fan
01-28-2005, 08:02 AM
I'm so glad it's being re-broadcast....I've had a stressful week and am looking forward to zoning out of the rest of the world to just relax and enjoy Brian's show!

Terri C
01-29-2005, 01:47 PM
I'm so glad it's being re-broadcast....I've had a stressful week and am looking forward to zoning out of the rest of the world to just relax and enjoy Brian's show!

Was all ready with a bowl of popcorn and a diet pepsi, when the local network chose to show their local "Kids Talk" show instead!! :evil:
Trust me they'll hear from me!

Joey Fasen
02-12-2005, 12:59 AM
Looks like it will be rebroadcast on March 17th and 26th of 2005.
Will update when I get more info
Regards,GoldSeals:) :bow:

I'm looking forward to catching one of the rebroadcasts in March!

If anyone knows, please tell me what is the title of the song Elvis skated to solo about halfway through the show?
Anyone know where I can find a complete list of the songs/music used for the show?

Thanks!
Joey

GoldSeals
03-16-2005, 09:55 PM
Its going to be telecast again on March 17th at 10:30pm(est) to midnight right after Worlds on ESPN.

GoldSeals
03-24-2005, 08:34 PM
Sat. Mar. 26 5:30-7pm eastern Repeat of, Brian Boitano's Holiday Skating Spectacular on ESPN