View Full Version : CSOI on CBC

Peter_K
11-24-2004, 12:10 PM
Just a reminder that CSOI is on CBC tonight. (the 24th)

It's on at 8:00 local time. Unfortunately, it's only an hour.

--Peter

jcspkbfan
11-24-2004, 07:32 PM
I just finished watching the broadcast and even though it was only an hour long, CBC certainly tried to cram as much skating as humanly possible into that timeslot. Here's what they showed:

S&P's "Ballroom" number (Woo-hoo!)
Kurt hosting the show at centre ice
Kurt's "Ding Dong Daddy"
"Timing Is Everything" transition number
B&E's "Sk8er Boi"
B&S's "Kalinka" with "Show Me To Your Seat" introduction
Todd Eldredge's country number (sorry, I can't remember the name of the song, but I'm pretty sure this is the same number he skated on the US tour--LOL!)
"Sunscreen" group number (yay!)
Shae-Lynn's "Caruso"
"Rock Lesson" transition number into Alexei's solo (sorry, I can't remember the music for this one, either, but it's the fast rock number which really resembles, IMO, many of Elvis' recent exhibition numbers!)
A nice tribute to B&E featuring a montage of their most memorable CSOI performances and a voiceover from Kurt
B&E's "Remember Me This Way" :cry:
Kurt's "Time In A Bottle"
S&P's "Come Away With Me"
Kurt doing more hosting at centre ice.
"Time" closing number (with closing credits underneath). I would have liked to see more of this, but for now, I'm just grateful CBC didn't split the screen in half to show previews or commercials like they usually do at the end of each CSOI broadcast (and like every other network does on every other broadcast!)

Overall, I was happy with this broadcast. It included all the programs I most wanted to see, and most of the numbers that were chacked were already shown on the A&E US SOI broadcast or other shows. But I wondered why the
female host who introduced the program promoted Steven Cousins as one of the skaters when CBC not only chacked his solo, but didn't even include his name in the opening credits (ditto for I&Z and any other skaters whose solos were chacked altogether). :evil: Even if CBC wasn't able to include all their solos, I still thought all the skaters deserved at least an inclusion in the opening credits. :( That's probably the only thing I was disappointed with, though.

I hope everyone else who gets CBC enjoys the broadcast as much as I did!

cview
11-24-2004, 10:39 PM
Thanks to the TV alert, I could watch and record it to DVD.

Short but very nice program, other than one camera-man
who was constantly taking upperbody-only or legs-only view.
All numbers were interesting !
I enjoyed it a lot.

I can't wait to see Eman, Jef, Joannie, Cynthia performaing in these shows !
They are already so entertaining even during competitions.

It was interesting to see Cynthia's Chicago (SC Exhibition aired on CTV)
after watching Shae's great performance in Gotta Skate IV (aired on SRC).
Eman's SC Exhibition was remarkable, too.

I hope someone (RDS? CBC?) would broadcast Short programs,
and Exhibitions of CoC and French GP.

Fruit Loops
11-24-2004, 11:28 PM
Man, I missed it! Even with my satellite having all the timezones I missed it by an hour and a half. :cry: *grumbles*stupid essay keeping me away from my skating... :evil: :oops:

cview
11-25-2004, 01:20 AM
If you can't find someone who recorded it near you, just PM me.
I would be happy to send you a copy of DVD (CM removed, recorded from Digital cable).

Bailey
11-25-2004, 07:35 AM
I too found the camera angles and the frequent changes of camera angles increadibly distracting. Not the best show I've seen... I wish they would show more of the group numbers and I would have liked to have seen Steven Cousins. But, they would need an hour and a half to do that...

Artemis
11-25-2004, 12:53 PM
I haven't watched my tape yet ... but I'm very glad to hear they kept all the programs I most wanted to have. Esp. Ballroom, Time in a Bottle, Remember Me This Way, and Shae's Caruso. I'm frankly amazed they were able to cram so much into an hour!

Nicki
11-25-2004, 07:13 PM
While I appreciated the coverage, I wish they Would have shown everyone at least once. Some people such as Jamie and David were shown three times and others were not shown at all.

Sydney
11-26-2004, 12:29 AM
I noticed that too. I kept thinking to myself during the broadcast, "Gee, the CBC is sure fond of Jamie Sale".

Didn't CSOI used to be a 2-hour show on CBC? I enjoyed it when it was on Sundays with Brian Williams. The good ol' days. In regards to this year's broadcast, I think that for an hour-long show, it was well-packaged. I know they chacked some skaters, but honestly, I didn't really mind. I'd rather see high quality stuff without "filler" programs (although I wouldn't have minded seeing Steven Cousins in a fun number).

The standout to me was Shae-Lynn. She was terrific.

Emanfan
11-26-2004, 10:34 AM
The standout to me was Shae-Lynn. She was terrific.

I agree. I have to admit I kept thinking to myself as she was skating just how fabulous Eman Sandhu would look next to her. What a team they could make!