Bosco
08-03-2002, 10:28 AM
:twisted: Who would you cast in the leading roles? :twisted: :halo:

Lee
08-03-2002, 12:00 PM
Any chance of 'rejuvenating' Ali McGraw and Ryan O'Neal? :P :twisted:

Bosco
08-03-2002, 12:26 PM
[quote:285c7c3ef9="Lee"]Any chance of 'rejuvenating' Ali McGraw and Ryan O'Neal? :P :twisted:[/quote:285c7c3ef9]

Ethan Hawke in a cameo role as John Zimmerman. :twisted:

Dame Judi Dench as Tamara Moskvina (you need a suberb actress to play such a meaty role)

Ryan Phillipe as Dave Pelletier :twisted:

Paul Sorvino as "speedy"

Nicole Kidman as Marina Annisina

:wink:

Lee
08-03-2002, 01:22 PM
Okay...Neve Campbell as Jamie?

Still thinking about others -- too bad I don't know actors' names as well as other people...;)

Tigger
08-03-2002, 01:45 PM
While I can't think of anyone at the moment...(Was up most of the night w/stupid sinus problems and I'm still dazed by the medication I eventually took. You stay away from that Lee... ;) ) I did think of this last night.

I have this feeling at some point this coming fall/winter we hear a Law & Order "ripped from the headlines" promo and the plot of the episode has some, if not a lot, of the details that have come out the last few days. Only in a L&O kind of way. Call me crazy, but it did cross my mind last night. I mean, they did do an episode loosely based on the whole Paul Bernardo case, so it's not totally out of the realm of possiblity.

Bosco
08-03-2002, 03:04 PM
I wonder if Hollywood would want to touch this project! :wink: It's a hot one!

Anyway, hollywood scuttlebutt has it that Paul Newman is interested in the role of Piseev. 8) Who smells Oscar here?

other additions to the cast:

Christian Bale as Maurizio Margaglio

Kelly Osbourne as Irina Slutzskya

Judge Judy as Jean Senft

Julianne Moore as Marie Reine LeGougne

Angelina Jolie as "Babs" Fusar Poli

Justin Timberlake as Timothy Goebel

Alec Baldwin as Yagudin :P

hippiechick
08-03-2002, 03:57 PM
Robert DeNiro has got to be in this movie somewhere! Didier? I still think that Nicole Kidman would make a good French judge, Marie Le Gougne. Also perhaps Marlon Brando as Speedy? Or maybe Nicole Kidman could play Marina Anissina. Al Pacino should play someone, maybe Mr. T? Or maybe Jackie Chan should play him. Reese Witherspoon could play Shae-Lynn! I would cast Anthony Hopkins as Yuri Balkov. Who could play Babs? Johnny Depp as Ilia Averbuckh! Olivier Martinez as Maurizio! This is going to be a blockbuster!!

hippiechick
08-03-2002, 04:18 PM
Here are some more: Tori Spelling as Babs; Billy Bob Thornton as Rogge; Kate Beckinsdale as Irina L.; Ben Affleck as Gwendal!

Bosco
08-03-2002, 06:37 PM
I love the creative casting choices! :D
I still wonder who will play the grande dame, Tarasova? 8O Will Pamela Anderson make an appearance as Pasha? (what's a skating movie without Pasha?)

Who will play Elvis? 8O Also the Todd Eldredge role is up for grabs ever since talks broke off with Jude Law.

Good call on the Marina role, Hippie, yes, she will be the Marina. Julianne Moore will be Le Gougne (an actress of that calabre is perfect to handle the various mood/costume changes).

Angelina Jolie got out of playing Babs when she heard Billy Bob was on board the project. Tori Spelling is to replace her.
Marlon Brando, alas, was the first choice for Speedy, but backed out the deal when told he WOULD be photographed from the chest down. :cry: These temperamental actors!

Robert De Niro? There MUST be a role in this for him. :wink:

Spinner
08-03-2002, 07:59 PM
No no no....Mara Wilson *must* play Irina. She was the youngest daughter in "Mrs. Doubtfire" and had the lead in "Matilda"--she looks just like Irina! See, here's a photo link (http://shopping.yahoo.com/shop?d=d&id=1800019984&cf=artistpage&castinfo=4&ph otoid=131711)

Spinner

Ultrasuede
08-03-2002, 08:25 PM
[quote="Bosco"]
Who will play Elvis? 8O quote]

Joaquin Phoenix as Elvis.

Kruss
08-07-2002, 01:24 PM
[quote:a325d5a062="Bosco"]Also the Todd Eldredge role is up for grabs ever since talks broke off with Jude Law.[/quote:a325d5a062]

How about Jeff Gordon?

Xiaoxue
08-09-2002, 11:23 AM
I don't think that Mara Wilson looks glammorous (okay, beautiful) enough to play Irina. I would actually say that Neve Campbell has the face and the figure to play Irina.

Kate Beckinsale should play Jamie Sale because Beckinsale also has the petite figure.

It would look very weird to me if Irina all of a sudden shrunk, or Jamie grew!

I'm kind of worried about Ryan Phillipe though. I always thought he had such an uncanny resemblance to David, in terms of their face. But Phillipe doesn't look muscular enough.

Actually, it just occured to me that if Ben Affleck dyed his hair blonde and curled it a little, he would also make a good David.

Sorry to be stealing everyone else's choices.

Oh! And I also think that the woman who plays the German spy/Muah Ha Ha Ha woman in Austin Powers 2 and 3 should play Moskvina.

Orable
08-09-2002, 01:36 PM
Dame Judi Dench would be excellent as Moskvina :)

what, no casting calls yet for Elena and Anton? I'd say maybe Hugh Jackman and uh...maybe Reese Witherspoon? or the girl who played the cheerleader in American Beauty, I'm forgetting her name...

I agree about Julianne Moore and MRG, Nicole Kidman as Marina, Ryan P as David P and Kate Beckinsale as Jamie.

I think John Zimmerman should play himself, lol

Chris Kattan would be a perfect Scott Hamilton, but I'm not sure who could play Sandra B...

and I think William H Macy should be in the movie, bc I love him. :lol:

Xiaoxue
08-09-2002, 03:25 PM
Orable,

do you know Seth Green? He could do a pretty good Scott Hamilton too. Maybe a bit too young, but what the heck?

Again, i'm just stealing someone else's idea.

Orable
08-09-2002, 06:37 PM
Hmm, yeah I love Seth Green--he should be in the movie too...but I was thinking voice-wise Chris Kattan could totally do Scott Hamilton! :P

who should play Speedy? Rogge? Ullmark? Hammond?

dmr65
08-19-2002, 05:39 AM
Interesting thread... If we/B&S fan are reading the translation correctly, American broadcasting station CBS is making a movie on B&S life... Elena does not know who will be cast to play them, but she seen I think a preview and she may make a cameo apperance..

Sorry, Orable but Hugh Jackman and no one else can even come close to Anton... ;) It would have to be a ballet dancer who can skate, act and have unusual dark features...

I have to think the more pouty baby face Olson twin could play a teen Lena, but for an adult I don't see anyone, maybe that girl from American Pie... I think that's the tv show... Me don't watch tv that much, but I sure watch the ads as I flick the channels..

Moskvina... That's a tough one... She has to be tiny and come with a lot of power... I don't know.. Maybe Sally Fields...

But to the subject.

Scott: Micheal J. Fox, but he would not be in this movie about B&S, but if there were a skategate movie I pick Michael.

Sandra: I don't know, maybe Judith Light.

Tom H: John Goodman..

David P: Again, I would be careful picking as well. That one actor I can't recall his name, is way to short or he would fit.

Jamie: The younger sister from that show about three sisters who are witches, I don't know the show but she's a cutie pie who favors Jamie a lot.

Coming from an American here, those are who I would pick.

Marie Stone
08-21-2002, 03:04 PM
Just a thought, but I always saw Lydia Paige Kent as Jamie...[URL=http://www.heather-paige-kent.com/Images/hpk31.jpg]

Catherine

AnnM
08-22-2002, 02:35 PM
Have any of you seen Gavin Rossdale's (lead singer of Bush) new video "Adrenaline"? The one where his wavy hair has grown out and his shirt is often removed? All I could think of while watching that video was how much he reminded me of Peter T.

True, L&T weren't really involved in Skategate, but I'm sure no one would mind if producers found a way to get a Peter T. lookalike in there. ;)

Anjelica
09-02-2002, 04:15 PM
Yes L&T could be in there doing something! If nothing else but being the Americans who could never rise in the standings. And Selma Hayak would be a beautiful Naomi! I think Kate Beckinsdale would make a lovely Irina Lobacheva. Neve Campbell would be a good Jamie Sale.

Aussie Willy
09-10-2002, 07:08 AM
Well I think that really short US actress Linda Hunt as Moskvina or the guy who plays Mini Me!