View Full Version : Ladies & Triples...

adrianchew
07-30-2002, 09:25 PM
Interesting thing is sometimes I mistake ladies' triples for doubles... something I hardly if ever do with the men. Just re-watched Hershey's competition re-telecast on ABC Family.

I believe the reason my eye does that is because there's enough cheated triples out there. The glaring error I caught at Hershey's was at the very end - when they showed Sarah doing a 3-loop after her spiral.

Dissecting the jump with my VCR in slo-mo - it seems like 0.75 revolutions on the takeoff she turns on the ice. Landing is fine, but the free leg was badly wrapped, which she did manage to bring around. That jump shouldn't qualify as a triple - very badly cheated... and now I understand why I sometimes mistake triples for doubles.

The men almost always do their rotations up in the air - much less cheated triples - very clean and easy to spot. I doubt if Sarah is the only one since I've mistaken triples for doubles in the past with ladies every so often.

icenut84
07-31-2002, 06:21 AM
Well I'm not sure about 0.75, but the nature of the loop (and the salchow) mean there will be a slight turn on the toe on takeoff. 0.75 of a rotation is way too much though.