View Full Version : Help!! Duschenay music question

leap of faith
07-13-2002, 06:53 PM
I'm wondering if anyone knows what the music for their 1991 Free Dance was?

I know that it was called Missing but was the music actually from the soundtrack because I'd heard it wasn't and they just kept the theme from the year before.

Ice_On_Winnipeg
07-19-2002, 08:10 PM
leap of faith....this might not help you too much...but your question has been bothering me for a few days now and I know I'll find it eventually. I know I had a picture of them doing their "Missing" routine in my book by Beverly Smith "Figure Skating" (My skating bible) Anyway, this is what Bev says about them.....
".....first attracted international attention with their "Jungle Rhythm" routine
during the 1988 season, when Christopher Dean became their choreographer. Their crouched style of skating confounded judges. Their music for the long program, done by the Australian group Mandingo, featured African drum beats, and the Jane and Tarzan costumes started a theatrical trend in dress. Two years later, the Duchesnays did an about-face with the apparel with their famous "Missing" routine, a tale of of South American poitical oppression. They donned simple garb, with Isabelle skating in a tattered red dress. A hastily designed sequel to "Missing" earned them their world title in 1991."

Maybe this will spur someone else's memory....

Moto Guzzi
07-20-2002, 10:40 AM
I have this music. Christopher Dean based his theme on the movie 'Missing' but the actual name of the song is 'Dolencias'. It was performed by an Irish band, Incantation. I don't know if the original recording used by Torvill and Dean is still available, but you can find a version on Incantation's CD 'Remembrance'.

Lee
07-20-2002, 11:47 AM
Here's a list of music the Duschenay's used throughout their careers:

http://www.skatemusiclist.com/skater_e_i.html#duchesnay&duchesnay

leap of faith
07-20-2002, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the responses!!

Off to find Dolencias now.