View Full Version : GPF on CBC

LTM
12-24-2003, 07:17 AM
Just looking ahead I see that CBC is running 3 hours Saturday and
3 hours Sunday (Dec 27 and 28 respectively) I would imagine local times vary.
Just knew the change to CBC would be a good thing.

Suzanne
12-26-2003, 12:32 AM
Thanks for the info!!

expo86
12-27-2003, 06:13 AM
Just a reminder . . .:!:

The Grand Prix Final broadcasts on CBC are scheduled as follows:

Saturday, Dec. 27 from 3 - 6 pm EST and noon - 3 pm PST
Sunday, Dec. 28 from 3 - 6 pm EST and 3 - 6 pm PST

Double-check your local listings.

Lise
12-27-2003, 12:12 PM
For those living in Manitoba-coverage begins at 2pm and ends at 5pm. This is according to the tv guide-if any abnormalies, I will post! :)

Lise

Well, coverage started at 1pm but they are starting with skiing.

ceceB
12-27-2003, 08:25 PM
Kudos to CBC! I'm thrilled that they showed every single short/original dance. That's the way coverage should be. :D

Martine
12-28-2003, 07:02 AM
Ah skating back on CBC, as it should be! They showed every single performance PLUS had time to do a couple of reports on judging and Buttle, with time to spare! Plus it's nice to see Barb and Paul back behind the mic. I am sooooo tired of the talking mustache (my pet name for Rod Black), what a nice change that Mark guy is. And the one thing I noticed most is they didn't have commercial breaks after each and every skater, like CTV (and ABC) usually does (and they drive me nuts with that!)

Off to write a thank you email to CBC for showing skating again.
Martine :)

Peter_K
12-29-2003, 12:38 AM
Great idea about e-mailing the CBC. I'll have to rattle off a note of appreciation to audience relations as well.

One thing CBC consistently does very well is sports coverage. It was nice to see the same touch with their figure skating coverage. The coverage was complete and the commentary was quite insightful. They did an excellent job.

I've never disliked CTV's coverage although lately, the fluff was becoming too excessive. Maybe I'm just being too easy to please but the CBC just hit everything right on the money.

Looking at Skate Canada's web site, it appears that CBC will be coverage world's for the whole week starting right from Monday of that week. That's something to look forward to.

--Peter

jcspkbfan
12-31-2003, 01:57 PM
I can't think of any more compliments to add that haven't already been said! I admit I was a little nervous about how CBC would cover this season's skating events considering the broadcast deal was last minute and how little preparation time they had, but I'm glad it looks like we have nothing to worry about! :D

There were a few moments where it was obvious Mark Lee has little (if any) experience commenting on figure skating, but he was still much better than say, Terry Gannon or even Rod Black's first time in a skating broadcast booth. I'm looking forward to seeing him improve as the season progresses.

It's also great to see CBC's Worlds coverage will be just as good--if not better--than the last time they had broadcast rights to the event in the early '90s. :)