View Full Version : Senior Ladies/Men

Scott
07-12-2002, 07:03 AM
What new Sr. ladies and Men willwe be seeing this year both in the USA and internationally? any standouts that may make a first year big splash?

In the US does anyone know if L. Donovan will be competing as a Sr. this year?

lisabelle
07-12-2002, 08:07 AM
yes, louann has taken and passed her senior test.

Trillian
07-12-2002, 12:02 PM
Among the top U.S. juniors, most will probably be moving up. Louann Donovan, Felicia Beck, and Amber Czisny have all passed their senior tests; I seem to think Jennifer Don has as well. Lauren Thomas is competing senior in some summer events but I don't think she's tested yet (she may decide not to). Adriana DeSanctis and Kristen Sheaffer are staying junior. All of these girls are competing internationally as juniors, if at all, but Donovan has all her triples consistent and probably has the most obvious chance of being a success in seniors at nationals.

Among the men, I believe the top six from nationals, minus Jordan Brauninger, are probably moving up. Nick LaRoche and Shaun Rogers are for sure from what I've heard, and I think Matt Lind may have already passed his test. I haven't heard for sure about Ben Miller, but since he's had three years in juniors and thought about testing up last year (plus he isn't eligible for international junior events anymore) it would be strange if he didn't. Jordan Wilson is 20 or 21 now, and after his good showing this year I'd expect him to move up as well. It'll be nice to see Pacific Coast senior men finally getting a little more competitive. A top ten finish at nationals would be a tremendous accomplishment for any of these guys, but none of them should be disappointed if it doesn't happen.

sk8rzmom
07-15-2002, 03:18 PM
Ben Miller will be skating Sr. this year. Sr. men at Mids will be veeeery interesting!