View Full Version : Q. re: Canada Post merchandise commemorating the 2001 Worlds

Artemis
07-10-2002, 04:44 PM
They produced a bunch of philatelic stuff commemorating the Worlds in Vancouver, including 2 stamps (1 for singles and 1 for pairs/dance) and a bunch of special gift packs. Here's my question: recently I acquired a picture depicting 2 pairs skaters, with the pairs stamp in the corner. The women in the picture looks a lot like Jazz (Jacinthe Lariviere); the man facing the other way so we can't see his face, but he has dark hair like Lenny. So ... did they actually use Jazz and Lenny as their models, or is it just a coincidence? And has anyone seen the other pictures in the series (the did one for each discipline)?

Snowflake3939
07-11-2002, 09:49 AM
Yes, that was Jazz and Lenny.

Lee
07-11-2002, 10:04 AM
I thought I read somewhere that the male singles skater stamp was based on Brian Orser -- can't remember for sure. I know I saw them at our local post office...but that was awhile back.

Artemis
07-11-2002, 02:14 PM
Brian Orser? I wonder why they'd do that for a series of product commememorating Worlds (i.e., eligible skaters).

Isabelle
07-11-2002, 02:22 PM
Yes, I also thought that the pairs and "dance" team on the stamps looked like Jacinthe and Lenny. I thought that the guy on the men's stamp looked like Emanuel Sandhu, but I don't know if it is. I can't decide who the lady looks like yet though... :)