View Full Version : World Skating Challenge...

ceceB
12-03-2003, 01:25 PM
I just saw a commercial (literally 5 minutes ago) for the World Team Challenge. It was KVOS, I think it's a BC station, and it said for Sunday but had no time.

Does anyone have anymore info?

Artemis
12-03-2003, 01:36 PM
6:00 Sunday the 7th, according to their web site.

KVOS is jointly broadcast in Vancouver and Bellingham (WA), and I think most of Washington State gets it as well as southern BC. Since they're a small indie channel, I'd be willing to bet my socks that they'll sell the show to be broadcast in other parts of North America too.

ceceB
12-03-2003, 01:45 PM
Thank you Artemis! :D

Yeah, I'm sure it will be broadcast elsewhere too. Maybe one of the big US channels will get it.

Artemis
12-03-2003, 01:50 PM
Actually, I forgot ... in the US it will be broadcast on Oxygen on Dec 13 & 14. So unless someone else picks it up too, that kinda sucks for the majority of North American viewers.

jcspkbfan
12-05-2003, 01:29 PM
A bunch of different Canadian broadcast dates for World Team Challenge have been posted at the Kurt Files site:

http://www.kurtfiles.com/events/worldteam03.php

NETE is Sportsnet East (about time Sportsnet broadcast skating of some sort again!)
CJON is a local Newfoundland CTV station
CKEM is a local Edmonton station

Right now, it looks like Sportsnet East (the only English TV station broadcasting World Team Challenge in areas that don't get CJON, CKEM or one of the Craig TV stations) is only broadcasting one part of the event, but it's still better than not getting to see it at all! :)

SRC is also scheduled to broadcast World Team Challenge, but their broadcast date hasn't been confirmed yet.

Artemis
12-05-2003, 01:33 PM
jcspkbfan: It now looks like KVOS is planning on 4 hours of broadcast. Saturday from 8-10 for the technical programs, and Sunday from 6-8 for the artistic. I would imagine Oxygen et al. are doing the same.

ceceB
12-07-2003, 11:04 PM
It was a pretty good competition. I could see a little tension in Kurt when he did his artistic program. It was a little off from his Gotta Skate and Ice Wars, but I do think it had much to do with the whole skate thing.

Elena and Anton and Jamie and Dave were both even better than at ice wars! I loved the partner switch during the warm-up for the artistic program.

Another highlight would have to be Josee, who's artistic program was fabulous. She did her team (and all of Canada) proud. :D

Tpangner
12-08-2003, 09:35 AM
Looks like Sportsnet East will show 4 hours ! I saw the commercial yesterday and it's going to be on tv Dec.9 at 8pm and Dec.13 at 4pm.

GoldSeals
12-21-2003, 03:01 PM
There is going to be a repeat telecast from 5-7pm est today for pt1 on the Oxygen Channel.And 7-9pm est tonight for pt2 on the Oxygen Channel.So set your vcr's from 5-9pm today
Regards,GoldSeals

expo86
12-27-2003, 06:20 AM
Just a reminder that this excellent competition (IMO :D) is repeated on TV today.

Parts 1 and 2 are being rebroadcast on Oxygen in the US later today from 1 pm - 5 pm PST on DirecTV channel 251.