View Full Version : Meeting Sale & Pelletier

KittyKins
07-04-2002, 09:43 PM
:)

Just wondering if any others had some nice or interesting meetings with Sale & Pelletier?

I met them in a Canadian airport in January 2001. It was sort of funny because I was looking through the airport and saw this face that looked familar. Jamie & I made eye contact and she didn't look like she knew me. I thought that's funny I think I know her had a couple more glances, trying not to be rude, and then figured out who it was. They were very nice and signed autographs most pleasantly. Jamie was particularly friendly, but David was more quiet. They seemed surprised that I would recognize them and ask for their autograph. I got them to sign my ticket folder which was the only piece of paper I had on me. Interestingly there was a picture of the World on it which I thought was terribly significant, :lol: . I phoned my mother and said, "I just met the next world champions!"

It was funny, I was higher than a kite even though I was flying in a plane. :lol: I was quivering when I asked for their autographs because I was so excited.

Isabelle
07-05-2002, 07:57 AM
I haven't met Jamie and David but my fitness instructor has! She said she talked mostly with Jamie (they were at a gym and David was on the treadmill or something) and Jamie said that David isn't a morning person (I guess it was in the morning) so maybe if you met them in the morning that's why Jamie was friendlier!!! :D

Anyways, that's really cool that you met them! :)

KittyKins
07-05-2002, 12:20 PM
:lol: Well, I can't remember, but probably that's right.

Oh, I should say that David was not unfriendly. He was just quieter. He smiled and asked my friend and me if we were going to Canadians as we met them at the Winnipeg airport and they were in Wpg. that year. I told them I was going to Worlds 2001, but they didn't seem to want to talk about that competition (reading between the lines) as they were very focused on their next competition - Canadians. They were going back to Montreal after the Christmas holiday, which I assume they spent with her family. Anyway Jamie was really cute. I was terribly annoyed when I read online that someone didn't think she was nice to her fans at some competiton (btw she was injured or sick, grr). She was very gracious to us even though you could see they were both tired from travelling. To be honest, they treated us like GOLD. Our golden pair! :-) I was excited to meet them, but I kept in mind that they were just regular people. Some fans have that part of it a bit out of perspective if you ask me. Everyone has a bad day and I'd say that J & D are gracious to other people despite not feeling well, as they were with my friend and me.

Emanfan
07-05-2002, 12:37 PM
I had the good fortune to meet them at Worlds in Vancouver. It was the weekend before competition and I was there, first thing in the morning, to watch the men's practice. I had been sitting there for about 1/2 hour when I looked behind me and there they were (this, obviously, was before winning Worlds). David laughed and commented to me that one had to be a real fan to be present so early in the morning. I said that I was. He asked why I had picked the men's practice to watch and I explained that I had come to see Emanuel and Plush in particular. It was like talking to my next door neighbour at home. They were so incredibly charming and friendly.

I had never asked anyone before for an autograph, but I had my huge program with me and asked if they would mind signing over their picture. They did so gladly.

We actually spoke for a while and they stayed and watched the practice for about an hour.

David was rather elegant with his accent (same as my mom's) and Jamie was (and is) stunningly beautiful.

That whole week was a highlight of my life, starting with J&D.