View Full Version : Tara Lipinski 1998 Olympics

nutty-ducky
07-03-2002, 01:42 PM
Hi!
Does anybody know where I can find a video clips of Tara Lipinski's whole Olympic performance?I have tried all over the internet but I cannot find anything.

olivia
07-03-2002, 02:24 PM
Try this site:

http://www.tararulz.com/multimedia/videos.html

Good Luck!

O-

nutty-ducky
07-03-2002, 04:27 PM
Thanks olivia for the link. I never saw Tara Lipinski skate at the 1998 Olympics and never thought I would find any video clips on the internet. Thanks!

mkcrazy02
07-03-2002, 10:53 PM
I have a tape of it

nutty-ducky
07-04-2002, 05:11 AM
Thanks so cool that you have the tape.
Was Tara Lipinski really better thatn Michelle Kwan?

icenut84
07-04-2002, 07:47 AM
nutty-ducky: you should try to get a tape of the competition if you can. Not only for Michelle and Tara but you also get to see Surya Bonaly's performance, where she did an illegal backflip and landed it on one foot, and ended her program with her back to the judges. :lol:
Re: Tara and Michelle - this will probably be debated to the end of time by die hard fans of each one. I love both, so I can be impartial :) In my opinion, Tara Lipinski was very deserving of the gold. She was on fire out there! It was the skate of her life. She nailed a 3loop/3loop RIGHT in front of the judges, and a 3toe/half loop/3sal right AT THE END. She landed everything cleanly and skated with such joy and energy. At the end, she held her ending pose for a split second and launched into a spontaneous sprint across the ice with her arms raised. In the kiss n cry, when she saw her placements (six firsts, three seconds IIRC) she famously screamed her head off and jumped up and down! It was great :mrgreen:

nutty-ducky
07-04-2002, 08:15 AM
So, I guess Tara Lipinski was so happy! :D
I have seen the bit when she is looking at her scores, she is sooo happy and she is screaming the ice rink down. I guess she was a bit excited! I would be! :D

ILoveAllSkaters
07-04-2002, 11:18 AM
Even I, a huge fan of Michelle Kwan, LOVED Tara's Olympic performances!! :D

Winestone
07-05-2002, 04:04 AM
Icenut, good point about seeing Surya's performance too. She really changed a LOT of previous "Surya Haters" into fans with her In Your Face performance to the judges. Even friends who watch skating just during Olympics appreciated that, because the announcers had mentioned her problems with the judges. It was soooooo swell :)

Also, not to be missed is Lulu's performance....she was so exquisite, so breathtaking.

nutty-ducky
07-05-2002, 12:33 PM
Does anybody know where I can find the video clip of Surya Bonaly's Olympic performance?
Thanks

nutty-ducky
07-05-2002, 01:35 PM
Does anybody know where I can find the video clip of Surya Bonaly's Olympic performance?
Thanks