View Full Version : sooo

Lutzgirl
08-28-2003, 09:04 AM
so dont u just hate it when skaters come out on the ice and have all these sparkley costumes and when utheve finished there routine there is debris all ova the ice!

Just last year i was sosclose to becoming 1st when a smwmll piece of tissue made me fall on mah douuble salchow!!

Skaters dont need fancy outfits to skate in they can still look god with what really maters

flippet
08-28-2003, 12:34 PM
Hi, sweetheart. Would you mind too terribly not using teenspeak or txtspeak, especially to this extent? It may be easy for you to read and you may think it's 'cute', but it's rather difficult for us old and not-so-old fogeys to make sense out of your posts. You'll probably get more replies if everyone can understand you!

Thanks! :D

blondeangl
08-28-2003, 02:30 PM
Hi, lutzgirl. Basically what your saying is that you hate it when skaters where sparkely (sp?) outfits because pieces fall over the ice right? And that you almost won last year but you fell on your double salchow because there was a tissue on the ice? And you want to know if we all dont like the sparkly outfits too right?

Well I personally think that sparkly outfits are very cute, unless there is way to much glitter on them. The fact that you tripped on a tissue doesn't really have anything to do with this because anyone wearing anything could have dropped it.

96.23??
08-28-2003, 08:36 PM
Yah I like sparkling (sp?) dresses, they help catch your attention and judges can remember dresses that are different. If you wear your dresses before competition you can make sure that things are intact and won't be falling off during competitions.

If you were really sure you were going to place better than you did after falling/ tripping on the tissue, then you could have stopped and shown one of the judges what happened.. it's just like if your skate had come loose.

Mrs Redboots
08-29-2003, 09:13 AM
When they did the world synchro skating championships in France last year, between each team, a team of local skaters came on the ice (very proud and serious they were, too), whose job it was to skate all the way up the length of the rink, very slowly, looking for stray hairgrips, bits of tissue, etc.

If the judges think they see something that has dropped on the ice, they'll always call the skater back to pick it up, but of course, they are not infallible. If you are worried, take a moment to skate round yourself with your eyes wide open - you have up to two minutes to settle down, and the judges will understand.