View Full Version : Help With Loops!

icedream
08-27-2003, 08:23 AM
My loop is terrible! I can only do it from a RFI 3-turn and even then I only land it sometimes! how do I do it the normal way? please give me any tips you have, thank you :D

96.23??
08-27-2003, 11:13 AM
What do you specify as the "normal way?" Because I learnt that way also and now I do it from Back outside threes and mohawks.

Lutzgirl
08-27-2003, 11:49 AM
Well here is sum good advice 4 ya!
Mah coach taught me this waygo!
Go on a leftinside mohawk and pull urself into the air !!!!
this always helps me!

mikawendy
08-27-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Lutzgirl
this always helps me!

I'm having trouble envisioning this--I thought a loop took off from a BO edge, not BI edge? Or are there two kinds of loops, regular and "inside loops"? (Wouldn't an "inside loop"--taking off from BI edge with no toe assist--be a salchow--and wouldn't land on the other leg? Or am I still not envisioning this correctly?)

jazzpants
08-27-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Lutzgirl
this always helps me! Do you mean forward inside mohawk so you're going backwards on a BI edge, then step on the other foot to a BO edge to set up for the loop? If so, I do this method. I can't get myself to do the other methods for dear life. :(

BTW: There is no normal way... only different entries... :D

Chico
08-27-2003, 11:14 PM
The loop is my favorite jump and I'm pretty sure my best. I do my loop entry from a right outside mohawk. My tips would be to really check and hold that entry. Also keep your pelvis forward and knees soft. The spring occurs off of the ball of the foot. Press up and out on the entry of the takeoff. Make sure you arms are kept low when you pull in for the rotation. Check, check, check on the landing. Believe it or not speed will make things easier. Hold that edge longer than you might think. You'll get that "feeling" when it's time to "go". The more you do it the better you'll get at timing this. Good luck.

Chico

TashaKat
08-28-2003, 02:14 AM
I eventually 'got' mine from a RFI3 ..... I kept on practising it this way and one day thought "I'll try it from back crossovers" .... and it worked! Personally, I would stick with one entry to start with until you feel secure with it. If you can get it occasionally from the RFI3 then stick with it and work on consistency .... the more you do the more you'll land!

Good luck and I would suggest that you maybe get your coach to work on it with you. He/she will be able to correct any little errors that we can't see here (and possibly couldn't see even if we were stood next to you ;) ) and you'll eventually end up with a lovely loop :D I found it really difficult to learn but once I'd got it wondered why the heck I'd found it to be so problematic :roll:

x