View Full Version : Lake Placid August Adult Week

Careygram
08-26-2003, 03:40 PM
Wow, oh wow, what a great week we had! Lots of wonderful people, great classes, great coaches and a really fun exhibition that both my partner and I performed in for the very first time. The ice schedule could have been better but it was much better than it was in June and they gave us June attendees a discount coupon for our inconvenience. Very nice. I miss all the nice people I met for the first time, people I was re-acquainted with and all my great friends that I get to see for an extended period of time. Think we can convince them to do one in December or January???

Thanks to all the adults who made this one particularly special!

Deb Carey:P

Figureskates
08-27-2003, 11:56 AM
Sure was a great week.

Came away with a Salchow, finally.

Next year I will probably enter the exhibition as well....in pairs no less.

CanAmSk8ter
08-27-2003, 02:48 PM
I agree. This was my fourth year, and quite possibly the most fun. I think I say that every year, though. It was great to have a chance to partner with someone new. I don't get to skate with guys other than my coach nearly as often as I'd like to. I was also inspired by seeing so many adults working on moves, including some on their Gold moves and a few on high-level standard moves, and I'm planning to start working on my Novice moves again, hopefully to test in Lake Placid next summer.

And, most importantly, I came home with papers stating that I have now passed my Rocker Foxtrot!