View Full Version : Peach Classic

dani
08-23-2003, 05:03 PM
Hi everyone!!

Well, the Peach is almost here. When are you arriving and how will I know you? I will probably practice in my same blue dress with the yellow tush - it is distinctive. That was how I found JenLyon last year.

We should go out for dinner and a drink on Friday night after the practices - how does that work for everyone?

As for me, I am arriving on Thursday night and I hope to skate the last hour or so of the public session.

Hugs!
Danielle

skaternum
08-23-2003, 05:41 PM
Most of the NC crowd is arriving Friday mid day and will do the 5:00 practice ice session. David & I will have on our new practice shirts. You can't miss us! :)

dani
08-23-2003, 06:48 PM
As long as they don't say "We're meeting stupid - she's from Florida"

;-)

Oh and I will have a car this time! ;-) (Skaternum was one of the people that drove me around in DC - thanks!)

Stormy
08-23-2003, 07:08 PM
I'm coming in Friday afternoon. I'll check out the rink after I get settled in the hotel. Dinner & a drink Friday works for me. I have a 6:45 am practice Saturday morning, though, and my events are 9 and 9:50 AM Saturday morning. :)
I'll be wearing my club's warm up suit, red pants and a red, yellow & black jacket with New England Figure Skating Club embriodered on the back. I'm short with dark hair. Just come up and say hi. :D

dcden
08-31-2003, 05:27 PM
I'm sitting here at work when I should be on vacation... sigh... it gives "Labor Day" a whole new meaning.

Anyway, does anyone have any results from some of the Peach Classic events? And how did the event go this year?

jazzpants
08-31-2003, 07:40 PM
I wanna know how "Drill Sargeant Jay" did in Masters Interpretative and FS Men!!! :mrgreen: (Hey, they screwed up his FSC on the website! Unless there's something he's not telling me...) :P

I'm surprised you're not at Peach, dcden!!! Sheesh! What a bunch of slave drivers!!! (And I don't mean your coach either!) :P

dani
08-31-2003, 08:36 PM
Rob said the results would be up tonight but it will be a few days before the "clickable" types are.

Jazzpants - I believe Jay got second in his interp. I was shocked when I saw his hair this time! ;-) You have a tres cool coach.

I missed seeing you DcDen!

Hugs!
Danielle

jazzpants
09-01-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by dani
Jazzpants - I believe Jay got second in his interp. I was shocked when I saw his hair this time! ;-) You have a tres cool coach. Yeah, no more "poodle cut!!!" He hated not seeing where he was skating b/c his hair is in the way! :P

The weird part of having a skating coach who also does hair for a living is that he has expectations not just on your skating, but what your hair's gonna look like! :roll: :lol: :P

skaternum
09-01-2003, 11:06 AM
Jay came in 3rd in Masters Men Freeskate. But he came in 1st in the Padded Bra-Wearing event Saturday night! :lol: I have some pictures you need to see.

Peach was great this year, as always! I didn't like the way the events were scheduled between the 2 rinks this year. It seemed like there were more conflicts between events I really wanted to see (or was skating in). I came back with a Silver and a Bronze medal.

Dani had a great freeskate! She tied with one of my friends for Silver. Very nice programs, both of them.

jazzpants
09-01-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by skaternum
Jay came in 3rd in Masters Men Freeskate. But he came in 1st in the Padded Bra-Wearing event Saturday night! :lol: I have some pictures you need to see.

Peach was great this year, as always! I didn't like the way the events were scheduled between the 2 rinks this year. It seemed like there were more conflicts between events I really wanted to see (or was skating in). I came back with a Silver and a Bronze medal.

Dani had a great freeskate! She tied with one of my friends for Silver. Very nice programs, both of them. Padded Bra-Wearing event?!?! 8O Oui vei! He's at it again!!! :roll: :lol: Send me the pictures!!! ROFLMAO!!!

HOORAY!!! HOORAY!!!! HOORAY!!!! Congrats and kudos to you and Dani!!! WEEEEEE!!!! :D :D :D

Terri C
09-01-2003, 07:44 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dcden
[B]I'm sitting here at work when I should be on vacation... sigh... it gives "Labor Day" a whole new meaning

Dcden, you're not the only one who had to work Labor Day- I had to work today as well as yesterday!

Just think.... Washington in January!
Terri

dani
09-02-2003, 06:11 AM
Our own Flutzilla brought down the house with her rendition of a first time tiny tot skater doing her routine to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. The next day she skated her heart out in the freeskate and took the bronze in a strong competition! Go Flutzilla!!

Ice T skated a beautiful program in an incredibly tough group.

Oh, and Ms. Skaternum skated an incredible freestyle program and there was no "nothing" just "much ado" about her pairs! I am sure she is glad she can eat now ;-) (For those who don't know about their practice t-shirt escapades, this was the latest, her partner skated with "much ado" and she had the other shirt.)

As for me, I am very proud of how I skated. Although when skating my Hickory Hoedown, after clicking my skates together, I was told by those watching me in the audience that I need to hide the horror in my face ;-) Luckily that was facing against the judges.

Hugs!
Danielle

Ice T
09-02-2003, 07:21 AM
Thanks Dani!

I'm very pleased with how I skated and placed, given that it's my first year in Silver.

I really had a great time at the competition! This is definitely the best competition I attend all year. Can't wait til next year!

Ice T

LoopLoop
09-02-2003, 07:40 AM
Congratulations to skaternum, dani, IceT, and everyone else! :D :D I wish I could have been there!

Mrs Redboots
09-02-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by LoopLoop
Congratulations to skaternum, dani, IceT, and everyone else! :D :D I wish I could have been there! Seconded. And so do I wish I could have been there - we will come one year, I promise! I rather long to see Atlanta, but the trouble is, it's not worth coming for less than 2 weeks, and that means a hotel (you can't blag beds off people for more than 2 nights; it's a well known fact that fish and guests stink after 3 days), and by the time you've factored that in, and car hire, and perhaps another centre to visit for the second week, you're talking of the sort of holiday that we, at any rate, can only manage about every 5-6 years.....

skaternum
09-02-2003, 10:17 AM
Dani should definitely be proud. She skated beautifully to a new program. Her spins are coming along nicely. And, most importantly, she had a fabu costume for her freeskate! :)

We had a great time! Three days of total togetherness, and nobody hates anybody! Ha.

Looploop, we'd better see you skating pairs in DC in January.

CanAmSk8ter
09-02-2003, 10:47 AM
I'm glad to hear everybody had fun! Sounds like everyone skated well, too.

Quick question: how many levels of solo dance were there? I seem to remember when I did Peach in 2000 and 2001 they were only offering it through Silver. I'd like to go next year (if they'll let me skate solo dance despite not being 25 yet) but I may be on my Pre-Gold by then.

skaternum
09-02-2003, 12:05 PM
For Solo Dance, they offered everything from Preliminary through Gold. There were at least 2 entrants in every level, so all the levels were held. I doubt they'd let you skate if you're not 25. The Young Adult category usually only applies to Freeskating, Compulsory Moves, and MITF. How soon until you're old?

LoopLoop
09-02-2003, 12:09 PM
Looploop, we'd better see you skating pairs in DC in January.

Depends on the pseudo-partner :P ... NoVaSK8r, are you out there today?

NoVa Sk8r
09-02-2003, 12:46 PM
As long as I don't have to pass silver moves, skating pairs might just happen.

As for music, I'm thinking the musak version of "She F**** Hates Me" by Puddle of Mudd...

jazzpants
09-02-2003, 01:27 PM
I'll add Ice T and Flutzilla (and anyone else I missed) to my congrats list!!! You GO!!!

LoopLoop
09-02-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by NoVa Sk8r
As long as I don't have to pass silver moves, skating pairs might just happen.

As for music, I'm thinking the musak version of "She F**** Hates Me" by Puddle of Mudd...

I don't know, without the lyrics it missed the mark, don't you think?;)

NoVa Sk8r
09-02-2003, 01:58 PM
I don't know, without the lyrics it missed the mark, don't you think?
OK, we'll use the lyrics and take the mandatory 0.1 deduction--we'll make it up with the throw axel and star lift!

CanAmSk8ter
09-02-2003, 07:09 PM
For Solo Dance, they offered everything from Preliminary through Gold. There were at least 2 entrants in every level, so all the levels were held. I doubt they'd let you skate if you're not 25. The Young Adult category usually only applies to Freeskating, Compulsory Moves, and MITF. How soon until you're old?

LOL till I'm old? Quite awhile. Till I'm truly classified as "adult"? Just under three years. I don't know if it's ever happened at Peach- probably not, since they have the YA category for everything but dance- but I've heard of skaters in the YA age group (usually the upper end of the age bracket) being granted permission to skate in Class I if YA isn't offered. It probably wouldn't work out anyway, b/c I'll be in my last semester of school and, depending on what day I start classes, may not get back from Atlanta in time. But it's something I'd like to consider.

Black Sheep
09-02-2003, 07:36 PM
I'm insanely jealous. I spent the weekend at my folks' new palace of a retirement house in Wisconsin (a house, not a retirement home). My allergies drove me nuts, having me sneeze and snort the whole weekend through.

So, who's got photos??

8-)

flutzilla1
09-03-2003, 09:09 AM
Congrats again to everyone! :) It was a terrific competition and was definitely the most fun I've had in the three years I've been attending. :)

The full results have been posted at the GAFSC's site:
http://www.gafsc.org/peachclassic/results.htm

There are also over 200 photos from the competition posted here at the Rausch family's website. Enjoy!

http://www.bobrausch.com/peach2003/peach2003.html

http://www.bobrausch.com/speach2003/peach2003.html