View Full Version : 2004 US Adult Nationals

dorvalskater1
08-20-2003, 04:20 PM
hi, I need info about who is allowed to compete...I am in Canada and know that in the past we could compete but now am not sure...any news?

sk8er1964
08-20-2003, 09:57 PM
I believe that you have to be a US resident or have some sort of permission from the USFSA to compete if you are not. I'd email the USFSA for clarification, if I were you (http://www.usfsa.org).

However, there are several really good open events that Canadians can compete in -- Peach Classic, the Wyandotte (MI) comp, and several others that I have heard of but can't remember at this time. Anyone else whan to chime in on the events also open to Canadians?

icedancer2
08-20-2003, 11:26 PM
I believe that over here on the left coast, Canadians can compete at the Pacific Coast Adult Sectional competition. Maybe that is also true for Eastern and Midwestern Adult sectionals?

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Good luck and have fun.

sk8er1964
08-21-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by icedancer2
I believe that over here on the left coast, Canadians can compete at the Pacific Coast Adult Sectional competition. Maybe that is also true for Eastern and Midwestern Adult sectionals?

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Good luck and have fun.

You know, I'm not sure -- maybe the US citizens rule is for the championship events??? I know, for example, that Singerskates competed at Wyandotte, and she is Canadian. Singerskates, can you help us out here?

Michigansk8er
08-22-2003, 08:24 AM
I think the same rules that apply to kids apply to adults for the championship events. Singerskates was in an open event at Wyandotte, which was actually their yearly adult comp. It was a combination competition of Sectionals and North American Invitational.

When I had a skating exchange student live with us the rule from USFSA was that she had to live in the US for a year before being able to compete in USFSA qualifying events.