View Full Version : State games- a good competition!

Terri C
06-29-2002, 09:34 PM
Today, I competed in the Commonwealth Games of Virginia Figure skating competition. I was competitng up to Bronze level, because that was the lowest competitive freeskating level for adults. I was also debuting a new program :?

The only goal my coach and I had was for me to skate clean. Other than botching mysitspin at the nd, I was pleased with how I skated.

Suprise :D I got the silver medal! I even had one first place ordinal!

Question: If the skater(s) win or place in the top three spots to qualify to compete at State Games of America next year and they pass up to the next level in the meantime, what level would they compete at? Virginia is new to the figure skating part of this, so no one here knows.

sktngmom
06-30-2002, 08:08 AM
My daughter competed in the last two State Games of America. The entry levels were determined like most other competitions, You enter at the level you have tested to by the entry deadline. Congratulations on qualifying.

Mrs Redboots
06-30-2002, 02:27 PM
[quote:709221f078="Terri C"]
The only goal my coach and I had was for me to skate clean. Other than botching mysitspin at the nd, I was pleased with how I skated.

Suprise :D I got the silver medal! I even had one first place ordinal![/quote:709221f078]

Many congratulations! Isn't it lovely skating so well on the day? Sadly, of course, it doesn't always happen, and you can come off thinking "I wish I could do that again!"

MissIndigo
07-09-2002, 04:47 PM
[quote:bec86efd19="Terri C"]Today, I competed in the Commonwealth Games of Virginia Figure skating competition. I was competitng up to Bronze level, because that was the lowest competitive freeskating level for adults. I was also debuting a new program :?

Question: If the skater(s) win or place in the top three spots to qualify to compete at State Games of America next year and they pass up to the next level in the meantime, what level would they compete at? Virginia is new to the figure skating part of this, so no one here knows.[/quote:bec86efd19]

First of all, many congratulations to you! State Games is always a wonderful competition no matter where you are. Well done!

I am wondering about the SG of America competition too...last year I placed in a spins event in the SG of NC and this year placed in spins, footwork and compulsories. Must you compete with a program to be invited to the SG of America? I haven't seen any info on these events.

BTW Terri, I am going to the Hillsborough skating camp at the end of the month! I remember talking about this over on FSW--should be good!

singerskates
07-10-2002, 05:31 PM
[quote:dabf93417c="Terri C"]Today, I competed in the Commonwealth Games of Virginia Figure skating competition. I was competitng up to Bronze level, because that was the lowest competitive freeskating level for adults. I was also debuting a new program :?

Question: If the skater(s) win or place in the top three spots to qualify to compete at State Games of America next year and they pass up to the next level in the meantime, what level would they compete at? Virginia is new to the figure skating part of this, so no one here knows.[/quote:dabf93417c]

Congrads :!: :D If you haven't already joined Competitive Adult Skaters, click on my www at the bottom of this message. Just wish Skate Canada would get some of these competitions going for us Canadian skaters. Our competitions so far lead no where and mean nothing.

Brigitte

Luenatic
07-11-2002, 06:34 PM
http://www.stategames.org/sgoa/

You can go to the stategame main page from here:
http://www.stategames.org

I learned a lot about State Game!

IceAngel725
07-15-2002, 09:00 PM
congrats! i'm competing that the nutmeg state games in ct... its my first competition and my main goal is to just get through it and do well, but since the state games are held in ct next year i'd like to medal.... but i think i'll need a lot of luck!