View Full Version : Back spiral question

Luenatic
06-28-2002, 04:06 PM
Just curious, which one is easier for you: Back inside spiral or Back outside?

I haven't tried back inside yet. But I can do right back outside spiral (and I'm right handed and right footed :) )

TashaKat
06-28-2002, 05:02 PM
[quote:a8271f2bd5="Luenatic"]Just curious, which one is easier for you: Back inside spiral or Back outside?

I haven't tried back inside yet. But I can do right back outside spiral (and I'm right handed and right footed :) )[/quote:a8271f2bd5]

Hi, I prefer the RBO spiral to any other spiral ..... I don't like inside spirals whether they are forwards or backwards and don't feel as comfortable on a forward spiral as I do on the backward one. I skate CCW and do the back spiral more easily on my right foot (mind you, that's the one that I practise!).

Elsy2
06-28-2002, 06:24 PM
I also prefer the RBO spiral over all others, forward ones included. 2nd choice would be LBI spiral. Since you also like the RBO, try the LBI.

melanieuk
06-29-2002, 09:32 AM
[color=blue:23db63bb9d][b:23db63bb9d]RFO
RBO
LBO
[/b:23db63bb9d]
The rest of them are pathetic! [/color:23db63bb9d]

Mrs Redboots
06-29-2002, 12:09 PM
Can't do back spirals to save my life yet. Nor LFO or LFI ones. The best ones are RFI, and also RF flat!

singerskates
06-29-2002, 12:50 PM
:D I can do BLI, BLO, BRI, BRO, FRI, FRO, FLO and FLI spirals but my favs are BLI, BRO, FRI and FRO . I can do a nice combo spirals without putting my foot down; FRO to FRI and also FRI to FRO. I'm working on getting more height. Some of my spirals just make the hips. Others are a bit higher. In my current freeskate I have a FRO to a FRI after which I step right into a right inside open Mohawk into my flip combo jump.

Can you tell, I'm not satisfied with forth place or bronze. I want to win another Gold medal and move up to Bronze (prelim in Canada)

Brigitte

icenut84
06-29-2002, 03:54 PM
I feel the most comfortable on a LBO spiral. (I'm right handed, left footed and CW). I tried to do a catchfoot spiral this morning for the first time (went into a LBO spiral, made sure I was balanced and then bent my leg and tried to catch my right blade with my left hand) - completely missed! lol. It threw me off too, I lost my balance (didn't fall but felt a bit silly! :roll: ) Apart from LBO, my favourite spiral is left forward flat. I hardly ever get the chance to practice the other edge spirals (serious lack of room) but I tried a few RBI ones this morning too and they were ok. My right forward flat one was poo! lol. Most of the time my leg is parallel or a bit higher. I do want to get my leg higher though (like Michelle or Sasha! 8O ) I do find BO easier than BI spirals though.