View Full Version : Bracknell Report, day 2. (Also Long)

Mrs Redboots
06-28-2002, 03:49 PM
So today was dance day at Bracknell, and Batikat really came into her own! I forget how she did in her compulsories, but certainly not at all badly. I didn't do solo compulsories this time.

As I expected, my new free dance placed last - 8th out of 8, I think, or was it 9th out of 9? Anyway, Batikat's was much better and placed two higher! [b:f60156af61]BUT[/b:f60156af61] I am not teed off about coming last, because it was a bit ragged in places and I skated the slow section badly, or rather, not as well as I wanted to, and also because it was passed on to me that one of the judges had said some extremely nice things about how much I'd improved, and how I was in time to the music and much faster, even though I had little technical. So I am pleased.

Then came the Original Dance, which there was some confusion over and I was unable to enter because I am credited with Level 3, and it was Level 2 and under. Anyway there were two entries, one of which was Batikat, and she did a wonderful Tango, which won! So that was really nice.

In the couples dances, Robert and I were very pleased to come 4th out of 5. Sadly, the couple we beat into 5th place were Mel's friends Irene and Jack, who messed up their Dutch Waltz (or we wouldn't have beaten them - we didn't skate ours very well and I thought they were really good). We did beat them fair and square on the Rhythm Blues, though. I had hoped we would "pip" them this year, as they just beat us last year and I know we've improved - I just hoped they wouldn't have improved as much as we had :-). Robert did finish last with his other partner in the next class up, but they looked very good doing their Willow Waltz together. Unfortunately it rather showed that they hadn't spent as much time working on the Fiesta Tango, a dance which both of them enjoy rather more, as they were not quite together. Anyway, they had fun.

In the Drawn Partners, I was drawn to skate with Tashakat's friend Will, who is a lovely person to dance with. Unfortunately, I messed up and we went out first round, but Will then got to skate with someone else, and made it as far as the semi-finals before being eliminated. I discovered afterwards that the reason I messed up was that one of my blades had worked itself loose - I knew something was wrong, but couldn't think what! It wasn't badly loose, just loose enough to put me off. Oh well, such is life.

Anyway, it was a great competition, and we are all looking forward to meeting again next weekend at Swindon for the first ever British Adult Championships.

NickiT
06-29-2002, 01:51 AM
Glad yesterday went well. Well done Annabel and Gail!!! Glad you both went out there and did your best.

Nicki