View Full Version : Canadian Adult Nationals in Burnaby, BC 2004

singerskates
07-31-2003, 12:23 AM
I'm excited about the first Canadian Adult National Figure Skating Championships happening in March of 2004 in Burnaby, BC. Don't know the rink, or the exact dates yet though. I'm wondering fellow Canadian Competitive Adult Skaters, are you going to enter? This is an invitational CANFSC so actually skaters from around the world can enter as well this year. In 2005, I hope that SC makes the CANFSC to be partly for Canadians only and also have open events for our skating buddies around the world like the US Adult Nationals are done.

Brigitte Laskowski

jp1andOnly
07-31-2003, 01:08 AM
since its in my backyard i'm hoping to be around. However if the funds aren't there I wont be skating again this year. Stupid teacher layoffs.....grrrr

GoldieMedal
08-01-2003, 09:53 AM
The dates are March 24th to the 28th,/ 2004- there are 3 competitions going on- National Star Skate, Adult and High School. The WOS site has it listed.

Now we wait for the official announcement.

roogu
08-01-2003, 01:39 PM
They better have it in a nice stadium again like at the Brampton Centre this year!

luna_skater
08-01-2003, 04:51 PM
If it's in Burnaby, I'm guessing it might be at Bill Copeland Arena. It's all right, but doesn't hold a candle to the Brampton Center.

roogu
08-01-2003, 05:20 PM
awww, the brampton centre gave such a nice atmosphere ... it definitely motivated the skaters. Wonder how this year will be.

dorvalskater1
10-16-2003, 10:06 PM
I'll be there competing providing all goes as planned.

rinsk
10-17-2003, 11:03 PM
Won't be competing adult (no introductory events for us wee ones) but if I make it in StarSkate, will be there cheering everyone loudly.

And then maybe next year's adult championships will be closer to home.

The announcement is up. Unfortunately, it is currently only accessable for Skate Canada members (any interested non-Canadians, find yourselves a Canadian to give you info). Go into the members only section on the Skate Canada section. Off the main menu, go into events. From the events menu, got into domestic events.