View Full Version : A parner request for ilovejamie_dave.

FSWer
07-30-2003, 04:35 PM
Hi everyone... Lisa (akailovejamie_dave) has given the ok for me to post this for her. But she is looking for a Partner to do Pairs.

She is a 12 year old from Ontario,Canada who does not wish to relocate. That is all she was able to give me. If you are interested for any other info. or details please e-mail her at...ilovejamie_dave@hotmail.com

I wish you luck Lisa on becoming the best Pairs Skater you can be!!!!!!

mikawendy
07-31-2003, 03:39 PM
I'm surprised she didn't tell you which direction she skates (counterclockwise or clockwise) or what Moves in the Field and FS tests (or whatever they're called in Canada) she has passed already, as well as whether she's passed tests in the USFSA structure (I've heard of Canadian skaters testing in both structures, but I don't know how many do it). Anyone looking for a partner is usually interested in knowing some of these things (as well as height sometimes) so that they can figure out if they'd be a compatible partner.

I would think that the Canadian figure skating association (not sure what it's called, sorry) would have some kind of partner database or partner matching service, similar to how the USFSA has a partner tryout camp sometime during the off season.

Isabelle
07-31-2003, 03:45 PM
Does she know about Ice Partner Search (http://www.icepartnersearch.com)?

FSWer
07-31-2003, 04:27 PM
She told me how she skates. I think she said either counterclockwise or both. But I can't remember.

FSWer
07-31-2003, 04:32 PM
I did give her that link but also offered to post this for her. I asked what she could give me and posted it. What level are you Lisa? Also how tall are you? If you read this could you please post that so you can get a good match?

FSWer
07-31-2003, 04:51 PM
I sent her an e-mail to tell her to reply here with some other info.

FSWer
07-31-2003, 05:06 PM
I spoke with her msn. She's on her Junior Bronze Freeskate and is 5"1' tall.

jamie_rae352
08-02-2003, 08:53 PM
Just to confirm a little detail, my email is iluvjaime_dave@hotail.com and I skate clockwise. :D

96.23??
08-02-2003, 09:03 PM
Both of you posted different email addresses, just thought i should let you know incase someone tried to email you but used the wrong one..

FSWer posted your email as : ilovejamie_dave@hotmail.com

while you(jamie_rae352) posted your email as: iluvjaime_dave@hotmail.com

So you may want to tell people which is right.. I'm guessing the one you posted yourself is the correct one but just incase of typos we never know! :D:D

Good Luck with your partner search!

FSWer
08-03-2003, 10:27 AM
LOL,sorry about that. She is right. I typed a o instead of a u. Sorry there my buddy. Once again....welcome aboard!!!!

96.23??
08-03-2003, 11:27 AM
Hehe I'm a bit picky so is it :

jamie_dave (as in jamie the name?)
or
jaime_dave (as in j'aime in french?)

Sorry just wanted to clear that up :)

Good Luck again!

jamie_rae352
08-03-2003, 11:28 AM
also my e-mail is spelled iluvjaime_dave@hotmail.com jaime not jamie...:roll:

CanAmSk8ter
08-03-2003, 11:48 AM
Just one more idea for you: Ontario's kind of a big province. If you really aren't interested in relocating, you might want to be a bit more specific about where you train and how far you'd be willing to travel. Also, potential partners would probably be interested in how much, if any, pair experience you have.

jamie_rae352
08-03-2003, 11:59 AM
Well, I train at the Winter Club of St. Catharines, in St. Catharines, Ontario, and I'm not really interested in travelling. And I've had no pairs training, but I can do lifts with my dad and I can do Death Spirals with my friend Sarah. I'm also great at spins (I've mastered the A-frame) and pretty good at jumps.

jamie_rae352
08-03-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by 96.23??
Hehe I'm a bit picky so is it :

jamie_dave (as in jamie the name?)
or
jaime_dave (as in j'aime in french?)

Sorry just wanted to clear that up :)

Good Luck again!

Actually, I screwed up my address when I typed it in, so it means jamie the name, but it is spelled jaime as in j'aime.

jp1andOnly
08-03-2003, 01:19 PM
well there is not a heck of a lot in St.Catherines. Actually, not much happening in the Niagara region to boot. there are no major training centres and not many guys. If you don't want to move you are going ot have to be willing to travel a couple hours each way. In Preston they have a pairs training centre as well as in the Richmond Hill area or Toronto. There used to be some pairs training in Hamilton but I'm pretty sure most of them are gone now. The way pairs works...not that many guys..A Lot of girls. You might be able to find someone Fort Erie way as they have a bigger training site. Maybe Stamford but I haven't seen their program in a couple of years.

Good luck and you never know what you might find. But realistically speaking I don't think you'll find someone wthout doing a bit of travelling

jamie_rae352
08-05-2003, 12:35 PM
my mum won't let me travel seeing that i already travel for school...
:( :frus:

LilSk8er24
08-05-2003, 02:06 PM
Hi Jamie,
Did you try the online partner search on the Skate Canada website? Would your mom let you travel to nearby towns, like, let's say Niagara Falls or Welland? (oops, just read the post from jp1andOnly Quote:well there is not a heck of a lot in St.Catherines. Actually, not much happening in the Niagara region to boot. there are no major training centres and not many guys) Ok! Never mind...um, did you ask your coach to see if he knows any boys that might be interested in pairs? I'm from the Ottawa region and at my club, there aren't a lot of boys at the Junior Bronze level and skate clockwise. (come to think of it, not a lot of skaters that I know of at my club that skate clockwise. Ask around, try the online partner search on the Skate Canada site, and good luck in your searching! Since you can't relocate, maybe the guy will be willing to...

jamie_rae352
08-05-2003, 02:19 PM
I don't know about that, it asks for a time and date for a tryout and I'm not so sure about it... :?? :?:

mikawendy
08-05-2003, 09:02 PM
Any chance you could rope a guy friend into taking up skating? I know a girl who did this with her first boyfriend and it worked out well for them until he had to move across the country. He still skates, though.

jamie_rae352
08-06-2003, 04:12 PM
Hmmm............ thaT MIGHT work...

in regards to LilSk8er24's last post: my name isnt Jamie, it's Lisa jamie_rae352 is just my screen name.

FSWer
08-06-2003, 07:14 PM
Or if your a sibling...any chance a new brother/sister teamcan be formed?

jamie_rae352
08-06-2003, 07:34 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh my god!!! Sorry, but that's funny. I don't think that would work cause my brother is 3 years younger than me (10) and he is TOTALLY obsessed with hockey. My mum on several accounts has tried to 'convert' him, but it never works.... good idea though! :D

jamie_rae352
08-06-2003, 07:44 PM
Oh, if this helps you guys, here's my picture....

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/slides.fcgi?albumID=84591079&security=RdQbBA&pos=0&play=0&time=5&mode=myPhotos

really bad, but hey...

96.23??
08-06-2003, 08:17 PM
Have You tried posting In the "Canada" section? because another girl recently posted there looking for a partner too..

jamie_rae352
08-06-2003, 09:05 PM
I haven't tried in the Canada section :idea:

TashaKat
08-07-2003, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by jamie_rae352
Well, I train at the Winter Club of St. Catharines, in St. Catharines, Ontario, and I'm not really interested in travelling. And I've had no pairs training, but I can do lifts with my dad and I can do Death Spirals with my friend Sarah. I'm also great at spins (I've mastered the A-frame) and pretty good at jumps.

Jamie - you may want to get some pairs training with a coach first. This would give you a better chance of getting a partner if there isn't anyone around right now. As somebody else said there are loads more girls than boys so they're most probably going to pick the girls who can already do pairs before anyone else. Be careful about 'trying' out pairs moves .... like anything in skating bad habits are difficult to iron out afterwards!

Mrs Redboots
08-07-2003, 08:02 AM
I second what Tashakat said. Besides which, it's good fun with a coach. I know a girl, a little younger than you are, who is doing pairs with my coach, and also with her brother, who is about your age. Anyway, one day the coach lifted her right up, way over his head, and her skates were practically dangling in his mouth she was so high. I saw this and so did her mother. Anyway, the mother told me later that the little girl had been really thrilled by this, and when her mother said "Weren't you scared?", she was like, "No, it was much less scary than skating with [her brother]!"

So start off doing pairs with your coach, and if you find it's absolutely your sort of skating (I did a bit of pairs with my husband and hated it - far too scary!), then you can think about looking further afield for a partner. Or perhaps your coach can persuade one of his/her boy pupils to pair up with you.

jamie_rae352
08-07-2003, 09:29 AM
I think I'm OK for the pairs moves, because my mum is a competitive skater and she is also a Judge and a Skate Canada Official, believe me, you really don't want that! She makes me have everything perfect, I guess that's not much of a problem, but i hate all her nagging......

TashaKat
08-07-2003, 10:05 AM
IMO you still need to get experience of skating with a 'boy' (or man) so I wouldn't rule taking lessons out. If you're not out there doing your stuff then you're not being seen which won't help your cause! The more you're seen doing pairs the better your chances of getting a partner. Couldn't your mom help you? She must have some contacts.

Good luck.

jamie_rae352
08-07-2003, 10:21 AM
Actually, I do do pairs with my friend, and I dance with my dance coach. I don't think my mum would help me, she's not that fond of me going to do pairs... But she does coach me with it, sometimes.

skaternum
08-07-2003, 12:29 PM
No offense, and I'm not trying to sound discouraging, but this sounds like a real long shot for you. If your mother isn't on board with the idea, and you can't physically move to another rink, and you haven't passed any pairs tests, and you haven't had any real pairs lessons, and you haven't registered with any real partner searches, and you don't have any male partners in your area, you've got an uphill battle! There's a big difference between playing around with pairs moves with a friend and being a pairs skater. (I know this from experience!) There are a lot of girls who have all the above listed things going for them, and they're having trouble finding partners because there aren't enough men.

I'm not trying to discourage you, but I want to echo some of the realistic comments others have made. If you really love pairs, you need to start lessons with a pairs coach, take some tests, and build a "resume" of your pairs work.

LilSk8er24
08-07-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by jamie_rae352
Hmmm............ thaT MIGHT work...

in regards to LilSk8er24's last post: my name isnt Jamie, it's Lisa jamie_rae352 is just my screen name.

Oops, sorry about that Lisa!

jp1andOnly
08-07-2003, 02:20 PM
I agree with skaternum on this one. Based on location, inability to travel or relocate, and mom not being that supportive I would concentrate on singles for the time being. You might run into a guy in your area who would like to do pairs, but I'd put it on the back burner for the time being.

96.23??
08-07-2003, 02:33 PM
I agree too, it may be a bit hard to find a partner at the moment, but I really hope it will work out for you with whatever you decide to do... Plus after seeing your other posts it sounds like you're doing amazing in singles right now!