View Full Version : Big feet, thin ankles

Roseline
07-30-2003, 02:43 PM
My daughter complains that her ankles are too thin for her boots. She has rather large feet for her size, so it seems that her ankle is much thinner than a typical person with her sized foot would have.

Do any of you have this problem? How have you solved it? She currently wears Bunga's malleolar sleeve, but is there anything else we can "stuff" in her boot to make her ankle feel more supported?

96.23??
07-30-2003, 02:52 PM
I used to have the same problem so I wore bunga pads and Make-up pads. They are small circular foam pads for applying make up they fit perfectly just put in one or two on the sides of ur ankles and do up your boots. You can get them at any drugstore.

Sho
07-30-2003, 02:53 PM
Maybe you should look into custom boots.

Vicki
07-30-2003, 03:13 PM
I agree, custom boots would be the ultimate solution.

TreSk8sAZ
07-30-2003, 04:05 PM
Ah, how familiar this all is! If you can't afford custom boots, the bunga's and the makeup sponges work well. Another thing that works (and this knowledge comes only because of my father's cancer surgery) is the pads that go around the stoma on ostomy bags. These are quite thin and wide, and provide padding at the same time. You can buy them in certain drugstores, I don't know which ones in each area. They also have a slight adhesive on them which keeps them in place while not ripping up your tights. I haven't tried custom boots yet (I'm not at a place where I can afford them) but I'd assume they'd be your best bet.
Good luck!

singerskates
07-31-2003, 12:20 AM
Solution, One word.... Grafs.

Roseline
07-31-2003, 06:13 AM
Thanks for your help, everyone! I appreciate all of the suggestions and my daughter and I will be giving makeup sponges a try very soon. She is not at the point where she needs custom boots, only her second year in skating (though she is 16), but I will keep that in mind for the future. Grafs are also an option I will remember for when she is needing new boots.

I will check in again and tell you all how the sponges are working out for her. Thanks again.

Andie
08-04-2003, 11:10 PM
I have a problem with my ankles being too thin also, it's the same problem for me in some shoes. So I kind of know what it's like...