View Full Version : Come see our show!!!!

mikawendy
07-27-2003, 05:41 PM
Hi, everyone--
Time for shameless plug :D

The show that DebbieS and I have been practicing for is this Saturday and Sunday, August 2 (6 pm) and 3 (1 pm) at Ice World, in Maryland.
Tickets are $5. If you're thinking of going, it'd be a good idea to reserve a ticket ahead of time because the Christmas show turned out to be standing room only (PM me if you're interested, and I'll give you the info on reserving tickets).

In addition to the splendid adult number that we're in (about 12 adults and if I do say so myself, ;) we look pretty good for 6 weeks of rehearsal and nearly no prior experience skating as a group), there's one pairs number, a really good-looking number by the synchro team, and a bunch of really nice solos and group acts. The little kids doing the dalmatian act are ADORABLE.

End of shameless plug :D

Mrs Redboots
07-28-2003, 05:29 AM
Sadly, you're at least 3,000 miles away from me, and it's really not practical to cross the Atlantic just for the weekend! But I hope it all goes really well, and that you have a terrific time.

Black Sheep
07-28-2003, 06:46 PM
What's your show theme?

Debbie S
07-28-2003, 10:18 PM
It's Disney. Our adult number is to "Colors of the Wind." The kids are doing group numbers to "101 Dalmatians" (featuring an adult Cruella de Ville), "Circle of Life," and "Under the Sea." The synchro team is doing a number to music from "Lilo and Stitch." There are also some group numbers with kids in the summer camp to "Mickey Mouse Club" and "Be Our Guest." The finale is to "Circle of Life," and after rehearsing it about a zillion times this weekend, I'm going to have the music stuck in my head for a loooong time. ;)