View Full Version : Long lost greetings!!

dani
07-15-2003, 06:31 PM
Hi everyone!! Sorry I have been absent for a while. I have started a new career (real estate) and have been devoting large amounts of time to that. Here is a brief update:

I have my new SP Teri KT-2 boots that were ordered at nationals. They seem to fit pretty well and I am doing better in them.

Lessons are good, I am working on my axel but not a lot. I am also working on improving my speed, believe it or not! I am planning on skating the Peach and we are choreagraphing now.

My biggest skating news is that I passed my silver moves this past week! That was exciting, as I think that is a difficult test!

Hello to everyone!!

Hugs!!
Danielle

skaternum
07-15-2003, 07:44 PM
Welcome back! That's great news about your Silver moves!!! :bow:

96.23??
07-15-2003, 07:46 PM
What is silver moves?

Black Sheep
07-15-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by dani
I have my new SP Teri KT-2 boots that were ordered at nationals. They seem to fit pretty well and I am doing better in them.

I got my new Sp-Teris at Adult Nats., too! Aren't they wonderful?

What can I say? Clever minds think alike! 8-)

sk8er1964
07-15-2003, 09:10 PM
Welcome back, Dani!

Originally posted by 96.23??
What is silver moves?

They are the adult track in the USFSA. There are Pre-Bronze, Bronze, Silver and Gold MIF's and freestyle tests. Like the standard, you have to pass the MIF before you take the freestyle (except for those who were grandfathered by the rule change last year).

After you complete the adult MIF track, you move to the standard Intermediate tests. As an example, that's why I'm taking the Intermediate MIF test even though I never took the Pre-pre through Juvenile - I passed the Adult Gold MIF (was grandfathered through the Silver level) last year so the Intermediate is my next step.

Clear as mud????:lol: :lol:

jazzpants
07-15-2003, 09:52 PM
I'll add this link as a reference as well too!!!

Adult USFSA Moves In the Field Test Elements (http://www.sk8stuff.com/f_rules/mif_test_elements_adult.htm)

Congrats to you Dani!!! And welcome back!!! :D

96.23??
07-15-2003, 10:36 PM
Thanks! That's so different than what I do! :P

dani
07-16-2003, 05:20 AM
Hi again!

The silver MIF test is interesting because it includes 2 juvenile, 2 pre-juvenile, a pre-preliminary, and an intermediate move. Of course with me, the interesting thing is that I was marked up on the slide chasse move (the Intermediate move) and marked down on the spiral pattern (the pre-pre move). I guess I am a little backwards. We also had an age group III lady take her pre-bronze MIF and FS at the same test center so that was nice - I would have loved to have had another adult testing at my first center!

Now if I only had dance judges so I could take my bronze dances!

Regarding the boots, isn't that grey stripe down the middle ugly! I can live with that wing tip kind of "power tab", but ...

Hugs!
Danielle

spicyicey
07-16-2003, 06:52 AM
First of all, congrats to you, Dani, on your silver moves! It looks like there's a lot of hard stuff on that test! :D 8-) :D

But i was also wondering about the SP Teri KT 2 boots you all are talking about. I have SP Teri Advantages now (and really like them) but I've never heard of these. Where do they fit in with the rest of SP Teri's boots? I saw a skater the other day that had boots with a gray stripe up the tongue and some extra leather patches on the side, I think for support...would those be the ones?

garyc254
07-16-2003, 07:36 AM
Great news, Dani!!!

You passed the Silvers and you're back online with us. :D

Congrats on both!!

Also, good luck in your new career!!

tazsk8s
07-16-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by dani
[BThe silver MIF test is interesting because it includes 2 juvenile, 2 pre-juvenile, a pre-preliminary, and an intermediate move. Of course with me, the interesting thing is that I was marked up on the slide chasse move (the Intermediate move) and marked down on the spiral pattern (the pre-pre move). [/B]

Congratulations on passing your Silver moves! Can you share some of the details of your test? Most specifically, do you feel you got the "break" in scoring that adults are supposedly getting on these? I am hoping to test these again this winter (after bombing them in most miserable fashion last year) and am trying to find out if the testing standards have gotten any more consistent now that they've had a year to figure these out. Last year I had two judges who were clearly (from their comments on the sheet) judging them to the kids standards regardless of what the actual passing number was supposed to be. In other words, my 2.7 on the intermediate move had to look just as good as the 3.whatever the kids need. So any comments you can give on your test would be most helpful to me!

Raine
07-16-2003, 09:31 AM
Congrats, Dani!

Adult Silver Moves looks to be a tough test. It's my long-term goal for sure. Interesting questions posed by the other posters. I'd like to hear more about the boots and the test scoring, too.

Happy Skating,
Raine

LoopLoop
07-16-2003, 10:44 AM
Congratulations, Dani!

How's the new career going?

mikawendy
07-16-2003, 10:19 PM
Welcome back, dani! I had been wondering where you'd been. Congrats on the Silver Moves! Does this mean that you're working on Gold Moves right now?

dani
07-16-2003, 10:46 PM
Wow, thanks for all the positive comments!! If I have to be missing for a while, it is nice to have been missed!

Now as to the questions:

As for the KT2 - George was supposed to be sending me advantages and he sent me these instead. I am presuming they are about the same. I had Super Teri Deluxes before. Since I didn't pay for these (the last were way too large) I haven't complained. The boots you described could have been mine!

Silver Moves and scoring - I am honestly not sure. I passed with the minimum from all three judges. My 3 turns were well under my ability, but they were real turns I was just over my heel a little on the inner back ones. I had one judge give me a 2.6 and one a 2.8 on them. My 8 step mohawk sequence is quite good, I believe it would pass the kids track and I received a 2.8 from two judges and a 2.7 from the third. My slide chasse excersize was nice but a just a little timid. It wasn't real slow but it wasn't quite fast enough either. Based on that, I don't think I was cut a lot of breaks. However, I also think I could have done a little worse and ended up with the same score. Does that make sense? The three judges talked after my test and I saw two of them erasing - I couldn't figure out what that was all about, but given the fact that I didn't have to reskate anything, I felt pretty good.

Real Estate Career - It is very interesting and I have had some rewarding experiences. I have also had some of the weirdest things in the world happen to me so far! I hope it gets easier from here. Of course today, I was back at my old job helping them out. That will help my cash flow!

That is the Dani update for now ;-)

Hugs!!
Danielle