View Full Version : Have you pick your interpretive music for 2003-2004 season?

singerskates
07-07-2003, 06:59 PM
Hi guys, it's that time of year again when we have to start running thourgh CD's, searching online and stuff for music for our interpretive programs.

I have a few questions.

[list=1]
Regular Star Skate or US non-competitive skater?
Adult Star Skater or US Adult Skater?
Canadian Competitive or US Competitive skater?
Have you picked your music for your interpretive(s)?
Are you competing in interpretive in Canada?
Are you competing in interpretive in the US?
If you already have picked your interpretive music, what is it and is it with or without vocals?
Are you using a movie sound track, a musical, TV theme or popular tune?
[/list=1]

singerskates
07-07-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by singerskates
Hi guys, it's that time of year again when we have to start running thourgh CD's, searching online and stuff for music for our interpretive programs.

I have a few questions.

[list=1]
If you already have picked your interpretive music, what is it and is it with or without vocals?
[/list=1]

My Answers

[list=1]
No
Adult Star Skater wishing to compete in Skate Canada's 1st ever Canadian Adult Nationals (Invitational)
No
Yes
Yes
Yes
I'm using When You Believe sung by Michelle Pfeifer with a piece of the River Lullabye and an instrumental section from the Movie the Prince of Egypt
Movie Sound Track
[/list=1]

StarshineXavier
07-07-2003, 10:28 PM

[list=1]
[/list=1]

1. Yes
2. No
3. No
4. Yes
5. Yes
6. No
7. It's 2 pieces. The first piece is King of Pride Rock Reprise, and the second piece is The Stampede. The first piece doesn't have vocals. The second piece does, but they're chanting, and I have no idea what's being said, and from the research I've done about the music, it's not any specific language either.
8. It's from the soundtrack from the Broadway Recording of The Lion King.

Mrs Redboots
07-08-2003, 09:35 AM
[list=1]
[/list=1] [List=1]
Neither
Neither
Neither
Yes
No
Not to my knowledge; this may change....
May use it "as is" or may have it specially recorded, we shall see....
None of the above![/list=1]

flo
07-08-2003, 11:13 AM
Yes,
US Adult intepretive skater. A classical piece by Ravel.

rinsk
07-08-2003, 10:07 PM
1-)Regular Star Skate or US non-competitive skater?

yes

2-)Adult Star Skater or US Adult Skater?

sort of

3-)Canadian Competitive or US Competitive skater?

ha, no

4-)Have you picked your music for your interpretive(s)?

yes

5-)Are you competing in interpretive in Canada?

showcase and maybe artistic if I have the energy/time to do/train a second program

6-)Are you competing in interpretive in the US?

showcase only likely

7-)If you already have picked your interpretive music, what is it and is it with or without vocals?

showcase has vocals, artistic program doesn't

8-)Are you using a movie sound track, a musical, TV theme or popular tune?

Show tune for showcase (from the Broadway version of Chicago), movie soundtrack for artistic (Amelie program choreographed last year but never polished up for competition...).

GoldieMedal
07-19-2003, 06:50 AM
Hi all:

Well in the past I have done a Butterfly program, won Provincials in 2002 with that one, Last year I did a mix from the movie Chicago, did well with that too, but the movie theme was so popular it was over kill on the ice, but won a silver medal with it.I have done a Latin number last year as well.

This year I am doing a non jazzie non comedy ( I love comedy) but here it isn't what Interpretive is anymore.(We don't have show case.) I have decided on a Juliet theme , I have one version with words and another without.I have been strongly advised not to use words.This will be my first time without words so I hope it has the same effect. The program may not win me any medals but I feel a connection to the music and the story so I am doing it for myself this season.My music is not from Romeo and Juliet, it is really orginal and from the same time period..

I am hoping to attend the first Adult Skate Canada Championships that has been confirmed to be in BC on March 24th to the 27th/2004, but I hope other events will be included.I hope to do at least 3 individual and a team event.

Stella Errans
07-23-2003, 04:46 PM
KiKi & JiJi (the great team from Canada) have finally selected their Interpretive Couples music after weeks of long searching.........Their music will be...........drummroll..........EL TANGO DE ROXANNE!! I am sure that it will be just a amazing as their Samba program or their trademark program that won them THE TITLE, La Danza de Etiopia!!
Good Luck with program I can't wait to see it!
Has anyone heard what the other teams have picked??? I havent!

roogu
07-23-2003, 05:23 PM
the adult invitational will probably start out small with a few events at different levels like how starskate natoinals was last season. I'd imagine they need to see how the first one works out before adding events and more variation. Slow and easy wins the race.

dancing_queen
07-24-2003, 06:27 PM
i am doing an inperpritive to micheal jackson sBilly jena this is my first inerpertive so i think it should pass the criteria easily.