View Full Version : Easterns Location

Stormy
07-07-2003, 06:36 PM
On USFSA.org it says the SC of Central New York in Cicero, NY has been awarded nest year's Easterns. Same place as last year. I had a BLAST at last years Easterns...but I dunno, kinda dissapointed I won't be going anywhere new. What happened to Tampa's bidding on it?

Vesperholly......REMATCH??? :D :D

Arsenette
07-07-2003, 08:29 PM
You mean Adult Easterns?

How many are there? (I know in USFSA regular track you have Regionals and Sectionals) Just curious ;)

Stormy
07-07-2003, 08:30 PM
Oops, my bad. Yes, Adult Easterns. Adults don't have Regionals anymore. :)

CanAmSk8ter
07-07-2003, 08:33 PM
Me too, me too! Rematch!

Arsenette
07-07-2003, 08:34 PM
Hmm.. I tried editing the title - but it didn't work :oops:

When did they discontinue Regionals? I remember some happening last year - or was it the year before? Was it numbers?

sk8er1964
07-07-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Arsenette
Hmm.. I tried editing the title - but it didn't work :oops:

When did they discontinue Regionals? I remember some happening last year - or was it the year before? Was it numbers?

They have Regionals for the kids. Last year for adults they had Sectionals, but not regionals. I suspect that it's always been that way because we (adults) don't have the number of competitors that the kids do.

dcden
07-08-2003, 09:10 AM
Adults competed in standard regionals & sectionals up to 2000 (?). Beginning 2001, adults only competed in sectionals, and the adult sectionals events were held separately from the standard sectionals. I don't know the full reasoning behind the change, but I suspect one of the reasons was to have the date of the sectional (March as opposed to Nov. or Dec.) closer to the time of Adult Nationals (April). Numbers of competitors may also have been a justification for eliminating adult regional events.

Syracuse, hmmm. It's not a place I would visit otherwise, but they did host a good event last year. Costs are relatively cheap, there's little traffic, the rink is easy to get to, eh. At least someone is hosting it. I hope they schedule more of the adult events on Saturday so that I can watch them.

*Starryskye*
07-08-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by dcden
Syracuse, hmmm. It's not a place I would visit otherwise, but they did host a good event last year. Costs are relatively cheap, there's little traffic, the rink is easy to get to, eh. At least someone is hosting it. I hope they schedule more of the adult events on Saturday so that I can watch them.

^^Haha, actually from what I hear...syracuse is going to be the new destination USA...the biggest mall in america!! But that wont be completed by next year..either way..atleast that is something!

vesperholly
07-09-2003, 10:18 PM
I'm SO there, Stormy and CanAmSk8r!!! Should we move up to Silver, Stormy? I've got my axel back and even started working on (whee!) double toe today. We should be roomies. BTW good luck at Peach if you're still going. And CanAm, you have to come with us to H&M next time too, it rocks!

Jocelyn

manleywoman
07-10-2003, 08:13 PM
Syracuse again? Ugh! :cry:

Yes, they ran a great event and everything was easy to get to. I just can't say I'm thrilled about the idea of going to Syracuse in March.

But naturally I'll be there!