View Full Version : What make of boots do you have?

icenut84
07-07-2003, 04:31 PM
This poll was inspired by the one about what kind of skates you own - just thought it'd be interesting to see the statistics.

StarshineXavier
07-07-2003, 04:52 PM
I have Risports.

sk8er1964
07-07-2003, 09:47 PM
Icenut - Is it possible to amend your poll to include Klingbeils? That's what I have, by the way - they're out of New York.

TashaKat
07-08-2003, 02:13 AM
Harlicks :D

http://pictures.friendsreunited.co.uk/thumbnails/14720015_mini.jpg

L x

icenut84
07-08-2003, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by sk8er1964
Icenut - Is it possible to amend your poll to include Klingbeils? That's what I have, by the way - they're out of New York.

Klingbeil! THAT'S it. I knew I'd missed one but couldn't remember what it was. I just tried to edit the poll to add it but it's moderators only so I can't. Sorry! :(

sk8er1964
07-08-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by icenut84
Klingbeil! THAT'S it. I knew I'd missed one but couldn't remember what it was. I just tried to edit the poll to add it but it's moderators only so I can't. Sorry! :(

Oh well, worth a try!! Thanks. :D

Lili
07-08-2003, 01:39 PM
I have Klingbeils! I love them.

Vicki
07-08-2003, 03:39 PM
Mine are Klingbeils. I've had them since '97 and hope they never wear out!

love2sk8
07-11-2003, 11:18 PM
Grafs are definately God sent.:D

AshBugg44
07-17-2003, 03:56 PM
I have custom Klingbeils and I love them so much!

backspin
07-17-2003, 04:18 PM
Mine are Klingbeils too. Not such pretty purple ones though like Lynne's!! I'm so jealous--but what do you do when you test or compete??? 8O

*Starryskye*
07-17-2003, 08:58 PM
I have risports...but my foot is a really wierd shape, so the people i get my skates from (excellent with sales and getting people the right thing) suggested I try customs next time I buy skates..which will probably be in the next couple months. They have access to I believe almost every company, since it's a fairly large shop...what brand of custom skates do you guys reccomend? or does that all depend on what level i am etc.? Haha, i've been skating since I was 3 and know nothing about custom boots! Thanks:)

TashaKat
07-18-2003, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by backspin
Mine are Klingbeils too. Not such pretty purple ones though like Lynne's!! I'm so jealous--but what do you do when you test or compete??? 8O

OTB tights ...... plus I have white boots for dance (my old Harlick Custom free boots with dance blades on). My ex-coach liked us to wear OTB tights anyway, you might look like Postman Pat close up but it DOES give the illusion of a longer leg line from afar!

x

TashaKat
07-18-2003, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by *Starryskye*
I have risports...but my foot is a really wierd shape, so the people i get my skates from (excellent with sales and getting people the right thing) suggested I try customs next time I buy skates..which will probably be in the next couple months. They have access to I believe almost every company, since it's a fairly large shop...what brand of custom skates do you guys reccomend? or does that all depend on what level i am etc.? Haha, i've been skating since I was 3 and know nothing about custom boots! Thanks:)

I don't think that it's 'our' feet that are weird shapes it's the boots ;)

With regards to Customs it's fairly obvious that I prefer Harlick BUT I would say that any of the 'good' companies (Harlick, Klingbeil, SPTeri etc) will do decent custom boots. I bought customs because I was fed up of having to stop every 15 minutes to readjust my (very painful) boots, and sick to death of all the blisters, scars and lumps and bumps of 'stock' boots. They are more expensive but, to me, have lasted longer and have been worth (on a day:wear ration) a LOT more than any of the other boots that I have bought. The 'break in' time (for me) has been much more comfortable and even the quadra-cement strength Harlicks have caused me very little problems (a bit of soreness around the top of the boot for a few days but what do you expect when you buy strong boots?).

All the best

x

jazzpants
07-18-2003, 03:05 AM
I have BLACK Riedells... and besides stretching the toe box out, I've not had much problems with them. But I am thinking of trying Klingbeils next. (I want Lynne's boots too!!! LOL!!!) :lol:

And backspin, I have testing (with beige... well SUNTAN :P ...OTB tights) at TWO test sessions so far with my black boots and passed!!! Not a problem!!! No comments on my test form either. In fact, I've asked this question to a US National level judge and he said "Black boots on a woman? Not a problem!!! Get a nice long line with black tights too!!!" :D :D :D (Any judges wanna confirm/challenge our US National judge's comment? I'm consider testing with black tights and boots on my next test.. and I can't find ANYTHING in the USFSA rulebook on this either!) ;)

Andie
07-21-2003, 10:24 PM
Mine are Riedell. :) Annndd... BTW, I don't think they're the best for me because my ankles seem too narrow/skinny for the boots. :cry: I've only been noticing it lately, I was too dumb to notice it when they were new. Either this or I'm not tying them snug enough.

icesk8er31
07-22-2003, 08:54 AM
Loves me some custom Klingbeils! These boots are the best...I chalk up a lot of progress over the last year to them and a new coach.

melanieuk
07-22-2003, 04:20 PM
I have KLINGBEILS.

GoldieMedal
08-01-2003, 10:02 AM
The Riedells 1500 HLS boot is awesome!! I love the light weight and how it molds to the foot.No punching out with this boot!!!

Cape Breton Mary

montanarose
08-01-2003, 04:20 PM
I have Harlick High Testers -- way too much boot for me, but now that they're broken in I love them. The problem is that after hearing all the Klingbeil raves, not just here but from fellow skaters at my rink(s), I really covet a pair. But since I only do wimpy single jumps (and not many of those), I may never break down my Harlicks to the point where I can justify replacing them with Klingbeils!

dbny
08-03-2003, 10:58 PM
Custom Klingbeils. Maybe a moderator could add them to the poll?