View Full Version : Chesapeake Open results?

mikawendy
06-29-2003, 04:23 PM
Hi everyone--

Did any of you compete in the Chesapeake Open in Baltimore this weekend? How did it go? I think flo was doing an interpretive act for Silver Ladies, but I couldn't see it because my ice show practice ran an hour late.

Thanks!

Arsenette
06-29-2003, 09:31 PM
I think these are this year's results:

2003 Results link (http://www.baltofsc.org/2003Results.asp)

flo
06-30-2003, 09:22 AM
Hi,
The Chesapeake Open was fun. I had competed in the fs and pairs at the event, but never the artistic. I had a good time with my program, and won the gold.:) The other skaters in the event also had clean programs, so it was nice that everyone had a good skate.
The adult fs skaters earlier were very strong, and put out some good skating.
Congrats to all!

LoopLoop
06-30-2003, 09:34 AM
I skated at Chesapeake, too. It was my first time out with this program, and it went pretty well. I skated slower that I would have liked, and messed up the changeover on my combination spin, but lucky me, the judges put me in first place anyway! (I did the combo spin perfectly in warmup, too. :frus: )

It was also my first time doing an axel in competition... it was about 1/4 turn cheated but I stayed on one foot. :)

skaternum
06-30-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by LoopLoop
It was also my first time doing an axel in competition... it was about 1/4 turn cheated but I stayed on one foot. :)

Awesome! It takes a lot of guts to put an axel out there during a competition. Congratulations!!

jazzpants
06-30-2003, 07:09 PM
Two first place finishes!!! WOO HOO!!! You go, flo and LoopLoop!!! You go, GIRLS!!! :D :D :D

NoVa Sk8r
07-01-2003, 09:36 AM
Loops is my HERO!!!!

LoopLoop
07-01-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by jazzpants
Two first place finishes!!! WOO HOO!!! You go, flo and LoopLoop!!! You go, GIRLS!!! :D :D :D

While I was warming up, I also remembered Skaternum's words of wisdom (the ones your coach will never say): Don't suck!!

skaternum
07-01-2003, 11:20 AM
See, it works!! ;) (Coaches always forget to tell you not to suck.)

LoopLoop
07-01-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by flo
Hi,
The Chesapeake Open was fun. I had competed in the fs and pairs at the event, but never the artistic. I had a good time with my program, and won the gold.:)

Good job! I'm sorry I couldn't stay to watch your event.

flo
07-01-2003, 12:43 PM
Thanks!
It was an odd schedule this year. The adult free skates were early morning 8O, and then the artistics later that day. I would have liked to see the early events, but I was warming up - it takes me more than the 6 minutes they give us! Loops - I did hear that you had a great program from a friend I skate with who came in second in the silver. Congrats again!

LoopLoop
07-01-2003, 01:24 PM
Tell your friend "thanks" for me, Flo! I didn't really see anyone else in my event skate; after the warmup I was getting ready to skate while the first woman performed, and after I skated I was bouncing off the walls!

Mrs Redboots
07-02-2003, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by flo
I was warming up - it takes me more than the 6 minutes they give us! Huh - 6 minutes is eternity! You should compete in this country where everybody, including adults, gets one minute more than the length of their programme in w hich to warm up. I can handle that - I never quite know what to do with 6 minutes!