View Full Version : Summer Goals

vesperholly
06-28-2003, 03:31 PM
Well, I am pleased to report that today I fulfilled my spring goal: pass the Foxtrot and European Waltz. Now that it has been achieved, it's time to set goals for summer!

What's everyone aiming for?

My goals are to get my Novice moves better than test standard, and to work hard on my Silver dances for testing this fall/winter.

Jocelyn

luna_skater
06-28-2003, 03:43 PM
My goal is to pass my Senior Bronze dances by the end of the summer: the Ten-Fox, Fourteenstep, and European.

MissIndigo
06-28-2003, 04:57 PM
Retake and pass my bronze moves.

CanAmSk8ter
06-28-2003, 05:30 PM
Pass my Rocker in two weeks, and American and maybe Tango by end of August

Pass ISI Dance 5 and 6 (ok, so that was under last month's goals, but we haven't been able to schedule a time for me to take it- I have to do it by August 1st to compete at Adult CHAMPS though)

Skate decently at my club competition at the end of next month; hopefully place in Novice if not Junior

Place in top 10 in Lake Placid

Start working on my novice moves (and keep working on them this time) :oops:

Lose those last 4-6 pounds, and then keep my weight between 110-115

ETA, way to go Jocelyn!

Terri C
06-28-2003, 05:40 PM
Get the Pre- Bronze MIF passed!

Figureskates
06-28-2003, 07:28 PM
This summer the concentration is on jumps, i.e. Sal, and toeloop; spins from back crossovers and the requirements for FS1 and FS2.

The message is that starting this fall, I am going to be taking a lot more tests!!

dbny
06-28-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by vesperholly
Well, I am pleased to report that today I fulfilled my spring goal: pass the Foxtrot and European Waltz.

Congratulations!

I really don't have any skating goals for the summer except to be able to skate enough not to lose skills. If I'm really lucky, maybe my power pulls will gel. I'm in the process of painting, cleaning, packing, preparing for my move to upstate NY, and I don't even know exactly where yet. Skating is going to have to go on the back burner for a while :cry:

StarshineXavier
06-28-2003, 08:32 PM
I'd like to pass NCCP Level 1, Phase 1, so that I'd become a certified Canskate Coach in Canada. I'm not skating this summer, other than coaching, so I'd like to see some of the skaters I'm working with pass tests, improve some of their skills, and do well in summer competitions.

sk8er1964
06-28-2003, 10:25 PM
Good job Vesperholly!!!

My goals are to pass my Intermediate MIF's and to land a double toe, sal & loop (actually, to land more than one of each :lol: ).

jazzpants
06-28-2003, 10:29 PM
Same as MissIndigo... well sorta! I want to be ready to take my Bronze Moves also. Right now, I'm not this is gonna be a realistic goal. Seems I got a LOT more stuff to work on and get consistent before I could take my test...and until that's out of the way... no test! *sigh* :(

GOOOO MissIndigo!!! :D :D :D

Sk8Bunny
06-28-2003, 11:54 PM
My goals are:
-Pass my pre-juvenile and juvenile MITF
-Land my double flip(not on the harness, like i have been)
-Get my double lutz back(I had it like 3 weeks ago and landed 3 of them, and havent landed any since, grrr)
-Get a better layback spin
-Be able to do a run through of my freeskate program, then 2 fast laps of stroking, then follow immediately with another runthrough. (right now, i can do double run-throughs, or one run-through and 2 laps, but not all three.)
-To bribe my coach into starting me on double axels at the end of summer:lol: Right now, I made a promise to myself that i wont begin working on them till I have at least 3 doubles consistent, including double lutz.

tidesong
06-29-2003, 03:50 AM
oh, i just hope my ankle doesn't start hurting again, but assuming its going to be fine, my goal (which is actually a delayed one) is to get to the standard where i can pass freestyle 6 of isi comfortably and to land my double toe. Then i will think about taking the actual test some time later lol

icenut84
06-29-2003, 08:07 AM
My goals for the summer:

*Start having at least semi-regular lessons again
*Improve my spins (I think this goal may run and run...)
*Start working on loop and flip again, try to get them more consistent
*Improve all my spirals on edges (and catch-foot ones)
*Start ice dancing again

Mrs Redboots
06-29-2003, 09:40 AM
Well done, Vesperholly!

My summer goals:
Improve my basic skating
Get the timing right in the Rhythm Blues
Get the end pattern right in the Riverside Rhumba
Improve our Swing Dance and get the pattern right
Try to get the last two dances competitive to skate them in the British Adult Championships
Start work on a Tango OD for the above Championships
Work on solo dances to get them faster and more ice covered; again, perhaps get a bit competitive for the British Adults
Glutton for punishment? Moi? :??

LoopLoop
06-29-2003, 10:33 AM
Goals for the summer:
Pass adult gold MITF
Land at least one clean double sal
Land at least one clean double loop

vesperholly
06-29-2003, 01:20 PM
Thanks - apparently Charlie Butler (of Joseph/Butler) was in town visiting one of our coaches and came to watch all the dance tests! We had some internationals so I'm sure he wanted to see those. I'm glad I didn't know he was there until after I was off the ice.

Jocelyn

jazzpants
06-29-2003, 03:24 PM
Well, I am pleased to report that today I fulfilled my spring goal: pass the Foxtrot and European Waltz. Now that it has been achieved, it's time to set goals for summer!
AUGH!!! I forgot to read up....

GOOD JOB, Jocelyn!!! TOTALLY KEWL!!! :D 8-) :D

BTW: I was at am AN Video viewing party and learn a new term for Novice Moves - "Nervous Moves." :P (Of course, it's self-explanatory for those who know how difficult passing the Nervous Moves test is.) :P

sk8er1964
06-29-2003, 10:53 PM
Thanks - apparently Charlie Butler (of Joseph/Butler) was in town visiting one of our coaches and came to watch all the dance tests! We had some internationals so I'm sure he wanted to see those. I'm glad I didn't know he was there until after I was off the ice.

Jocelyn

I've met Charlie Butler on several occasions, including a clinic he did for us at AN, and he is a very nice man. If you get a chance to check out his video, I'd recommend it. I refer to it quite a bit - it's like having an extra coach in your living room. It's called Physics on Ice, and there's a link to the website on http://www.sk8stuff.com under Links.

Edited to add the link straight to it: http://www.physicsonice.com

dbny
06-29-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by sk8er1964
I've met Charlie Butler on several occasions, including a clinic he did for us at AN, and he is a very nice man. If you get a chance to check out his video, I'd recommend it. I refer to it quite a bit - it's like having an extra coach in your living room. It's called Physics on Ice, and there's a link to the website on http://www.sk8stuff.com under Links.

Edited to add the link straight to it: http://www.physicsonice.com

It's usually for sale on ebay at a slightly reduced rate. I second the recomendation.

*Starryskye*
06-30-2003, 12:53 AM
By the end of the summer..I want to pass juvenile and intermediate moves in the field, atleast one silver dance, and start testing freestyle-i can do doubles..but just have never tested! Also, I'd like to somehow get better endurance..maybe by running? we'll see!

Schmeck
06-30-2003, 05:30 AM
backspin, backspin, backspin, sigh...

I had an 11 yr old try to help me last night, and even with her enthusiasm, I could only get one rotation in the correct position :(

StarshineXavier
06-30-2003, 10:30 AM
Schmeck, maybe you should invest in a spinner. It will help with practicing spins off the ice, and will also help with positions and centering the spins. They're maybe $20 and can be purchased at most skating stores. It helped a lot with my spins, so maybe it'll help with yours!

flying~camel
06-30-2003, 10:47 AM
I'd like to get my lutz more consistent (so I don't have to concentrate so hard just to land it!), improve on my spins, and be able to do a clean run-through of my program!

Stormy
07-01-2003, 02:08 PM
Get Intermediate Moves up to passing so I can test hopefully in September.
Work on Adult Moves tests up to Silver to also test in September after I turn 25.
Get new freestyle program. Actually, get two programs to test Bronze and Silver FS.
Get double loop & flip clean, work on crossing feet in double sal, and FINALLY land an axel!!
Make the Esprit De Corps Adult synchro team.

I have a lot to work on this Summer!

KathySkates
07-01-2003, 03:37 PM
My goals this summer are:

* to pass my gold moves. This will require much practice, prayer and maybe even a few novenas. Believe it or not, the "Evil Threes" as I like to call them are coming around. My nemesis is believe it or not, the forward threes!!!! The easiest thing on the test! I am having fits with them!

* My other goal is to complete my new program and at least start working on an artistic and a "show type" program.

***** My most important goal is to HAVE A BLAST IN LAKE PLACID!!!! I am so looking forward to it. A dear friend of mine is coming in all the way from California to see me in the adult show. Isn't that sweet? (Note to self - PRACTICE THAT PROGRAM!!!)

Note to all: I hope all of your dreams come true!!!

AnnM
07-01-2003, 05:36 PM
I haven't posted here in ages (since I haven't skated in nearly six month!), but you have all inspired me.

My goal for summer is simply to skate consistently at least twice a week, and hopefully get my skating back to the level it was at before work got in the way of fun.

Chico
07-01-2003, 06:02 PM
My goal this summer is NOT to get sick like last summer and push my skating skills. Skating with the kids really pushes me to skate faster and try harder skills. I want to use this summer schedule to really push me. Since I don't see my adult pals skating so early, I plan to use this time to work extra hard.

Chico

sk8er1964
07-01-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by KathySkates
My goals this summer are:

* to pass my gold moves. This will require much practice, prayer and maybe even a few novenas. Believe it or not, the "Evil Threes" as I like to call them are coming around. My nemesis is believe it or not, the forward threes!!!! The easiest thing on the test! I am having fits with them!

I hated those forward 3's!!! I called the "Evil Threes" "The Nasties". When I tested them, guess what I got the highest scores on? The forward threes. Go figure!

Good luck on your test!

PattyP
07-07-2003, 04:38 PM
* to pass my gold moves. This will require much practice, prayer and maybe even a few novenas. Believe it or not, the "Evil Threes"

This is my summer goal too! To me the "evil threes" are the Fwd & Back inside threes with the back perimiter stroking. I seem to keep getting my feet tangled up and having some nasty falls. My coach just moved my test date from June to August. Now I wonder if I will even be ready by August :roll: At least the brackets seem to be getting easier.

PattY