View Full Version : Anyone know any skating "tricks"??

mandy_j07
06-27-2003, 05:15 PM
I was just wondering if anyone could give me any tricks to liven up my solo.. like any unique spins or jumps... or anything unusual?? Thanks!!:)

dancing_queen
06-27-2003, 05:55 PM
theres a spin called a broken leg spin...its just like a sitspin acept you leg is our 2 the side..its kinda hard 2 explain so id anyone could do a better job ..go for it!

vesperholly
06-27-2003, 11:07 PM
My dance coach can do a pretty awesome cantilever spread eagle (like Ilia Klimkin).

I'd like to add some unique moves to my programs. I am working on ina bauers, spreadeagles, and walley jumps. I can also spin strongly in both directions.

Jocelyn

Elsy2
06-28-2003, 08:16 AM
We saw a few 1 1/2 flips at adult nationals that looked very nice, also lots of walleys which always adds interest to the program.

sk8er1964
06-28-2003, 01:27 PM
Tuck loops are fun and look cool. CCW - you'd take off on your right leg then immediately tuck your foot up under your behind and sort of kick your left leg out straight (think back sit spin position), while you do the single rotation, bringing it down in time to land. You need good height on the single to be able to do this.

Also, I think skatestuff.com has some video examples of different elements. It's under the section called Identifying the Elements, or something like that (I don't remember for sure).

TreSk8sAZ
06-28-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by sk8er1964
Also, I think skatestuff.com has some video examples of different elements. It's under the section called Identifying the Elements, or something like that (I don't remember for sure).

Actually, the website is http://www.sk8stuff.com -- I love that site! It's in the lefthand toolbar, and it says "recognize elements". There are quite a few different video clips along with pictures. Hope you get some ideas!

mandy_j07
06-28-2003, 01:48 PM
Thanks!! But how do you do a Walley?? could someone explain it step by step?

sk8er1964
06-28-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by mandy_j07
Thanks!! But how do you do a Walley?? could someone explain it step by step?

For CCW:

The jump is taken off on a right back inside edge, single revolution, land on a right back outside edge - it is a counter-rotational jump.

kayskate
06-28-2003, 02:05 PM
Do some stars. They are basically just exaggerated toe-assisted 3turns.

Try a backward to forward spin combo. Unexpected and not very difficult.

My personal favs:
a layover or inverted back camel
A sit spin that rises to an upright then decends to a sit again.

Kay

mandy_j07
06-28-2003, 06:33 PM
What are stars and whats a layover??

dancing_queen
06-29-2003, 11:22 AM
a layover is a type of camel spin in which your shoulders r turned outward(so they are facing the boards) rather then in a regular camel spin in which they are paralel too the ice