View Full Version : Coaches

sk8ingMom
06-26-2003, 12:24 AM
Any information on a coachs named Jenny Walsh or Krista Ruwaldt?

I also think Jenny has a son named Jared Guzman who at one time might have skated with Jennifer Dawn. However, I am not sure. Are they decent coaches and what do you know of them if anything at all. Also what rink are they now at? I have heard in Texas and California but I again am not sure.

blades
06-26-2003, 01:18 AM
8-)

jenny was an awsome skater...and almost fiesty as tonya harding...a real fireball!!!

last i heard, she was still in socal...but that's been a while...

how she'd be as a coach i dunno...but i've heard nothing bad about her...which, in this biz, is a good thing...she had great coaches herself...and certainly should have the knowledge....

GoldieMedal
06-28-2003, 07:18 PM
There are alot of great coaches out there, but there are alot of bad ones to.Parents . remember ..you are the employer and the coach is the employee.Parents are Managers of the Coaches..Managers fire employees that don't work out. There is a coaches code of ethics and coaches are required to pass them out to students and most important, follow the rules.

We as parents are spending alot of money in this sport and we have the right to change coaches anytime we feel, no questions asked!!

If your not getting what you are paying for, than find a coach who will!!

Your child will thank you for it..Mine did!!

sk8ingMom
06-28-2003, 07:52 PM
Thank you. After a long time we finally did changes coaches. I have never seen a coaches code of ethics file or report. I guess I can get one from our new coach or the skate school program at our rink.

Good luck to all the skaters as well as the parents out there, and thank you again for your advise.
:lol: