View Full Version : skating in toronto

fan
06-19-2003, 03:13 PM
where can i find summer ice that isn't too expensive? best case scenario, i'd like an adult freeskate, but any ice is ok.

Mrs Redboots
06-20-2003, 06:42 AM
I think you'll find that you'll get more answers if you tell us which country you are living in, and which area of that country! A few more details, and I'm sure there'll be someone to recommend a rink to you.

fan
06-20-2003, 06:55 AM
toronto, ontario, canada (title). any suggestions?

Canskater
06-20-2003, 07:08 AM
http://www.centraltorontoskating.com/

Good adults-focused club, more ice time than most offer to adults, and reasonably priced.

-- sheilagh

fan
06-20-2003, 02:14 PM
i know it's expensive, but anyone know how much the granite/cricket clubs are?

becca
06-20-2003, 07:52 PM
I'm not really sure how much summer ice is at the cricket...I believe that guest skating fees are about $15 per session (but I'm not sure). Try the web site at www.torckricketclub.org

Norlite
06-22-2003, 06:36 AM
A couple thoughts. You don't say whether or not you are from Toronto, or just going to visit this summer. To step on any club ice, you would have to be a member of Skate Cananda or USFSA. I am assuming you want club ice since you are asking about Adult Freeskate, as opposed to a public session.
The second consideration should be what part of Toronto you will be staying in. It's a big city and again, I am assuming you wouldn't want to travel too much for ice.

When I go out of town, and am looking for some ice for my daughter to guest skate on, the first place I look is the section web-site. You can usually find links to the clubs there, with contact numbers. Once I've established the area I will need, I call up the club and inquire about their times and rates. Here is COS's (Central Ontario Section) club directory.

http://www.skatecanada-centralontario.com/coscubdirectory.htm

If a club on this directory doesn't have contact info, you can call (or e-mail) the section office and they will give it to you.

Good Luck!