View Full Version : Whoo Hooo!!

BABYSKATES
06-19-2003, 02:21 PM
This is turning out to be such a great year for my Baby skater! We moved away and consequently made a much needed coaching change and skating has never been better for my girl. The frosting on the cake is that - drum roll please! She is landing her double axel!!! Not always but sometimes. She is so excited. It didn't take very long but it seemed like forever. She still has a long way to go with it to make it competition ready but at least we're past the point where it seems impossible. Hooray!

This presents one tiny problem: now I have to keep a long standing promise and learn to skate myself, but that is another post...

Dolly
06-19-2003, 02:52 PM
:bow: Congratulations to Babyskater! I knew she had been working on it as you mentioned in previous posts last winter. I'm sure she must feel great and all the hard work has paid off. Way to go!!

Now you will have to get your skates sharpened, Mom, and keep your promise. Guess we'll be hearing about your progress soon.

You go Girl!!

blades
06-19-2003, 03:55 PM
8-)

cool!...nothing like landing that first double axel!...

soooo...when are ya's planning to take to the ice???

(blades...holder of the eternal double axel bet...lots of bombay saphire and beer on the line...not to mention pride...)

NickiT
06-19-2003, 03:56 PM
Congratulations to your daughter. That's fantastic news!!

blondeangl
06-19-2003, 04:03 PM
That is wonderful for your daughter and such a great accomplishment! Have fun fufilling your agreement when you take to the ice, its so much fun you will love it! :D

tazsk8s
06-19-2003, 06:19 PM
Congratulations to your daughter, and welcome to the special club of "skate parents who skate"! :P

sk8rT
06-19-2003, 08:07 PM
Congrats! Sounds like a very happy moment! Good luck!

Elsy2
06-19-2003, 08:55 PM
That's so exciting! I'm looking forward to hearing about your first experiences on the ice too! Before you know it, you'll both be competing :)

Mrs Redboots
06-20-2003, 07:07 AM
I do think there's nothing more wonderful than when your skater suddenly masters a new skill. On Wednesday my lesson was postponed while my coach put a young friend of mine in harness to try to help her land her triple loop, which she is just so.o.o.. close to doing! It isn't quite at the bribery-and-corruption stage (I remember when her axel was!), but very nearly.....

Congratulations (again - I said it on the other forum) to your daughter, and I hope you will find you love skating as much as we all do!

BABYSKATES
06-20-2003, 10:57 AM
My daughter thanks you for the congratulatory notes and I thank you for your encouragement. I am going to order skates for myself by the end of summer. I'm sure I won't be able to tolerate rentals!

Dolly
06-22-2003, 05:19 PM
Babyskates,
Good luck and let us know how it's going.:)